22mm x 22mm cutouts

I'm gonna be submitting for EIB in the coming days, and have followed the CRL to hopefully be ready to summit for centurion right after. I have not made the 22x22mm cutouts at the bottom of my kidney plate yet because my ATA kit looks so nice right now since my an and kidney plates line up perfectly from top tobottom. Also, this area is covered by the belt for me. I have also noticed a few of the centurion submissions have been approved without this detail

Is this only required if there is extra length at the bottom of the kidney plate?

Should I just suck it up and cut out the notch, or will it not matter, since it is covered by my belt?

Jared,

I am EIB since September of last year. I'm not sure about the Centurions being approved without it, but it is a requirement for Centurion Approval. If you'll look at the end of my build thread (linked in my signature) you'll see that I just tonight posted the notch modification to my build as I just got around to redoing all of my strapping and ABS paste work and all that went along with it, last weekend.

Yes, the notches are covered by the belt, but they are a requirement.

My advice would be to suck it up and put your notches in if you do plan to go for Centurion. ;)

• Like 1

If you wear your belt where it should be, it doesn't cover all of the notches. It's an American trend it seems to wear the belt too low.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey Jared, go for it brother, Centurion is within your reach,.

I to was uncertain, in fact stated here on the boards, no way will I cut the notches out. This CRL change occurred as I was building my AP armour. It got to that point in time, and I said, to hell with it, I want Centurion, so I cut em out, and glad I did.

You won't regret it mate..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This addition to the Centurion CRL was was added recently so only applications older than a few months ago were passed without it. If you are careful, it will look great. If you wanted to take it up a notch, get a hobby iron and make return edges to really give it that pre molded look.

Or Terrell can just ad it to the mold ;)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I made the cutouts - really didn't end up bothering me in the end like I thought it would - got all suited up for a sweet photoshoot with a buddy and both my cameras were out of batteries! Bah! Gonna coerce the wife into snapping some for me this weekend, and I should finally be on my way:)

• 2 months later...