Return edge question...

Hi!  I have to trim down the sides of my chest plate, and was wondering if I needed to re-add the return edge.  Also, is it permissible to trim down the return edge on my lower thighs and top rear portions of the shin guards, (for comfort)?  Thanks!

No return edge is required. It helps to make your armour look thicker and more "real" so it's a good thing to have. But none of it is required. So you do as you want and/or need.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As far as your comfort goes, a lot of the screen captures show that many of the troopers had cut out or arched the back bottom of the thigh and the back top of the shins. Cut away until you can get up and down stairs. Keep it clean looking though.

There's a good thread in the Tips & HowTo's on how to do this with a soldering iron. But as noted, it's up to your preference.

• Like 1

Yes, I think I will try to grab some extra ABS and experiment before trying it on the armor.  Many thanks for the info!!!