Convert TK to TD

Endotech

Definitely head over to mepd.net

There are some modifications to do in order to convert a TK to a TD but it can be done. Check out if someone has done it already with the type of armor you have. Look through the work in progress threads. You could also compare the CRL's between the two costumes.

Good luck!

Hey there Rick!  I'm in the middle of doing the same thing!  And yes, head over to the MEPD and get studying.  There's a pretty good handful of things that need to be done.  

- Remove the drop-boxes from the belt

- Remove the shoulder bridges
- Remove the large ab button plate
- Won't be needing that thermal detonator either
- Replace the small 4-button ab plate with a 3-button plate
- Replace the TK sniper knee-plate with a TD diamond knee-plate

- Get yourself a shoulder pauldron (orange, white, or black), some ammo pouches,
  and a back-pack (optional accessory for base approval) 
- On the helmet, paint over the black lines ('vent holes') on the tear-drops and rear traps
- and last, but most importantly, GET DIRTY!  
  :td:   I think that covers everything...  :duim:

Jason , where are you getting your parts from ,  let me know .

I got the diamond knee plate and 3-button ab piece directly from ATA.  Shoot him an email. He sells parts individually.   

I purchased my ammo pouches from Blaster8266, Anthony from SoCal garrison. He's here on the FISD and MEPD.  

I haven't started on a back-pack yet, but I here DirtyBoy on MEPD makes a nice one!  

I'm about to purchase a shoulder pauldron from Trooper1 on MEPD.  Trooperbay.com also sells them.  

:duim: 

I've thought about doing the transition from TK to TD for a little bit. I'm not a big fan of the backpack and dirtying the costume. So I'm actually considering the Heavy Weapons Stormtrooper.

HWT!? Let's make it so, there's not enough of us out here ;)

I've thought about doing the transition from TK to TD for a little bit. I'm not a big fan of the backpack and dirtying the costume. So I'm actually considering the Heavy Weapons Stormtrooper.

Well, it's a lot easier now. In the past we had to cut open our FX ab plates and make our own little keyhole cutout. Now, most TK ab plates come that way out of the box. The diamond knee plate used to also be a "make" item, but now I think you can buy one too. The rest is all take-aways, e.g. remove the drop boxes, O2 cylinder, and shoulder bridges. Ensure you have a stunt helmet (which is easier now, as nearly all TK helmets come stunt. Back in FX days, you and to drill out that extra tooth on each side and get different helmet decals) with no lines in tears/traps.

Weathering can be easy if you go Braks Buddy method (e.g. using tempura paint). I think if I had to re-do a kit today, it's maybe 2 hours of work, max, and no drilling!