Gap Between Kidney and Butt Plate?

When you refer to flex a bit do you mean from leaning backwards or to the side?  Naturally with the plate being attached from the inside if you lean forward they flex fine with limitations of course.  I wouldn't expect to do much flexing in TK armor to begin with though, we are known for our intense lack of mobility.  I would say to just get them as close as possible, pretty much touching.  I don't know that there is an actual "acceptable gap width" listed anywhere.  CRL does not specify this.

And you know how much i like modifying your diagrams  ;)

gap_zp10.jpg

The 2 plates shouldn't overlap each others, nor there should be a gap between them. Don't be too concerned about mobility here as you don't have a matching articulation on the abdominal plate so you can't lean forward.

• Like 3

(...)   Don't be too concerned about mobility here as you don't have a matching articulation on the abdominal plate so you can't lean forward.

Unless he is going to cut that abdominal plate and hides the cut under the belt...  ;)

• Like 1