Evilboy fans

Hi, I bought some of his fans and they're very good except for one small problem. The battery pack is too big and I can't fit my head in the helmet. It contains 4 AA batteries. Is it possible for me to cut the battery pack off and splice a 9V battery to the fans? There are two 5V fans. If I did this would I have to have the one 9V for both fans or can each fan have its own battery? I don't think it can since they are 5V fans.

just get a dual set of AA cases and this will slimline you and keep your voltage the same!

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I split mine into two 9V batteries, one for each fan.  While they blow nice and strong for a little while, they quickly drain the battery (only get a few hours out of a battery).  This means I'm sucking through 9Vs like they are going out of style.  I wouldn't recommend.  I'm actually looking at going to some form of rechargeable battery, such as from a remote car or plane.

Have you tried to fit the battery pack in behind the vocoder?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I have decent size mellon, you should be able to pack several battery packs around the lower rim. Heck look at my ATA bucket, it's packed full of electronics lol.

Edited by ukswrath

• 1 month later...

What's the best way to get a hold of evilboy? I got the fan from him in Jan, finished my armor a couple days ago, and tried out the fan. And it doesnt work! Never been used.

Send him a message http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/user/16314-evilboy/

Edited by ukswrath