ESB BUCKET BUILD

Nice work, I would have put the tube stripes on the other way, also you could add a couple of extra rank bars on the ears (if you go for Centurion - •Ear bars shall have only two to three bumps painted in black (rank stripes)) ;)

Any suggestions on how to switch the tube stripes? I also researched and found that the rank stripes on the ears are between the bumps and not on them. As far as how many ranks stripes, how many should I put on Nd should they be next to each other or at opposite ends

• 1 month later...

My helmet hits my chest too. Not a big deal.

The armor is looking great so far. Will you be adding shims between the ab and kidney plates?

The ab buttons didn't come with the kit? You should be able to call the vendor for a set.

"There is about 1/2 in gap between my body and the armor on the shoulder" - Can you take a pic of what you mean. I'm don't understand the issue.

The TD looks good but I'm not sure of the belt clips. Here's a reference pic.

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

The build is coming along nicely!

Thanks.  I will not be adding shims for the mere fact that I will not be able to make EIB and Centurion as my thighs are too big and to get the armor to fit, I had to leave a small portion that is flat on the front.  I'm completely ok with this.  I did find the ab buttons in the package.  They were with the bucket items.  As far as the gap, the photo above with the side profile.  If you look at the bucket were the tube on the side is.  Go directly down and you can see a space between my chest and the armor.  This gap is goes all the way up and around the shoulder.  I'm going to have to trim the bridges between the chest and back.  I just don't know how much to trim off.  I'm going to try a test fit again tonight and make some marks.  with the AM 2.0, I think im going to have to trip the chest and back shoulder part to meet the width of the shoulder straps.  The TD control panel is taped on right now in the above photo.  The clips are ACCO banker's clasps.  They are about 1" wide.  I see I can move the control panel up so that the bottom will me the straps on the grey portion (if i'm looking at it right.)  I could also trim the back clips if they seem too long.  They are 5.75".  Thank you again for the encouragement.  I'm get to the final build portion and don't want to screw up now.

Edited by Darth Havoc

Great placement of the rivets and snap!

If you're worried the chest armor isn't sitting flat on you, don't be. That's fine. Please post pics before trimming.

I will not be adding shims for the mere fact that I will not be able to make EIB and Centurion as my thighs are too big and to get the armor to fit, I had to leave a small portion that is flat on the front.  I'm completely ok with this.

- What kind of nonsense is this?! Make a proper seam on the front of the thighs and add shims in the back. If you want Centurion, then go for it, brother!