E11 Blaster for a newbie

timthetoolman

I'm starting my blaster while waiting on other gear and I'm a bit confused on what specs to build it to...ANH, ROTJ and so on.
The armor I ordered is ATA and I want to be able to have the accuracy to the highest level possible but I assume I need to pick one of the movie to model it after, right?

I'm going to use this thread as a log for the E11 modification with Skyone's electronics.

So far I ordered the following:

• Arduino Nano from Cutedigi.  
  • WT5001M02-28P sound card from Ebay - currently under dispute because they sent 1 order but the other order was charged but didn't ship.  I think it might be a problem with AliExpress not transferring the money to the seller.
  • 3w 6 pin LED from Superbright LEDs in Saint Louis
  • Multi color bar graph I ordered this straight from Kingbright. Good service but they failed to tell me they were out of the LEDs I wanted and sent the other ones ahead so I've got 3 or the 3 pole style extra.

I'll need to research the other components today and start getting it on the way too.

You can order the sound amplifier, Arduino board, and micro SD card from Newegg which makes it a bit easier to keep track of.

Tim

Edited by timthetoolman

That is something you will need to make up your mind about. ATA armor is geared mostly toward ANH and ESB troopers. In both cases, your base build should be geared at the Sterling L2A3 with a much shortened magazine. Once you have that, you will ad the m38 or m40 tank scope on a scope rail that mounts between the rear sight and top rear most vent hole, the power cylinders on the magazine housing and the Hengstler counter also mounted on the magazine side behind the mag housing. I have been very vague here so research the other build threads and the Sterling reference pics in the "photo reference" window at the top of the page.

If you are going for ROTJ, that is a whole different ball game. Let us know which film you are going for and no, you do not need to replicate a specific weapon seen in the films.

Good luck Tim! As you say, decide what armor/movie you want to replicate. Basically, what Steve said :duim: . From what I understand you can't make ROTJ armor out of ATA which leaves you ANH or ESB. Doopy kit doesn't come with ESB greeblies so you'd have to make your own or source them elsewhere. DVH do a ESB version so you could contact Dday to see what his wait times are.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Purchased a bulk supply of resistors today.  I also picked up all the switches and LEDs (I found some Violet color that might be cool).  Didn't know I needed capacitors till I got back home so another trip next week.

I picked up some extras so if someone needs some of the small bits let me know.

Tim

Well I've changed direction a bit so if the moderator wants to move this thread I'm good with it.

I'm going for the DVH ESB blaster from Dday so I'm not sure if I'm in the right area any more.

Here is some progress pics for today.  I've assembled the board for the LED bar graph in the Hengstler.

I used a bi-color LED bar graph and I don't suggest it because soldering the 3 rows of pins requires a surgeons touch.  I've thought about making a circuit board for the next two.  So don't use the bi-color, stick with the single color that has green on top and red on bottom with just two rows of pins.

post-21938-0-64684600-1419661992_thumb.jpg

Edited by timthetoolman

I got excited and decided to not wait on the correct LEDs and finished the other two boards with the bi-color LEDs.  

They got easier as I went.  I'll wait for wiring till I get the first one tested and mounted so I can see how much wire is needed.

'Does look like I have to anchor a couple of the resistors on the last board which can be done when I add the wires.

I hope some of you electronics gurus don't spew when you see this.  :laugh1:

post-21938-0-66096800-1419726058_thumb.jpg

Edited by timthetoolman

That is something you will need to make up your mind about. ATA armor is geared mostly toward ANH and ESB troopers. In both cases, your base build should be geared at the Sterling L2A3 with a much shortened magazine. Once you have that, you will ad the m38 or m40 tank scope on a scope rail that mounts between the rear sight and top rear most vent hole, the power cylinders on the magazine housing and the Hengstler counter also mounted on the magazine side behind the mag housing. I have been very vague here so research the other build threads and the Sterling reference pics in the "photo reference" window at the top of the page.

If you are going for ROTJ, that is a whole different ball game. Let us know which film you are going for and no, you do not need to replicate a specific weapon seen in the films.

Looks like I'm focusing on ESB stunt. Thanks for the references. There's a lot of nice builds out there worthy of a display case.

For using photobucket etc.... this is a little outdated but you'll get idea:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/5-howto-post-images-on-the-forums/

-Eric