ATA vs MTK size

I've heard that MTK is better suited for troopers with a larger waist line, with more material on the sides so shims aren't necessary (ab/cod & kidney plate). Other than that, I'm not sure of any other differences.   

Hey Isaac.  I have MTK armor so I can only speak to that.  I have a 38 inch waist and I am 5'8 and I did not have to cut anything away from the ab and kidney as well as I did not have to add any shims or anything for it to fit.  I would say that it is certainly geared toward a person who is above the normal average range of the actors used in the movies.  Having said that though they are both based off of the CAP armor like Vern said so they must be very similar aside from the added room.

Hey Isaac. I have MTK armor so I can only speak to that. I have a 38 inch waist and I am 5'8 and I did not have to cut anything away from the ab and kidney as well as I did not have to add any shims or anything for it to fit. I would say that it is certainly geared toward a person who is above the normal average range of the actors used in the movies. Having said that though they are both based off of the CAP armor like Vern said so they must be very similar aside from the added room.

Yeah I looked through your thread on my other post about size. Did it come with both tk and td components?

Hand paint for accuracy , I have decals on my ESB because I have too. But I much more prefer the hand painted details. You can do it man! It's not super hard. Put on some tunes and just relax.

I bought my son a MTK kit we are building as a TD, everything appears to me slightly on the large side. We are having to trim a lot off of the ab and kidney plates because he is so thin. My GML says we got it down though , ,looks good.

MTK was fast, fair priced and I was particularly happy with the helmet . Very sturdy, sharp pulls.

Good luck man!

Hand paint for accuracy , I have decals on my ESB because I have too. But I much more prefer the hand painted details. You can do it man! It's not super hard. Put on some tunes and just relax.

I bought my son a MTK kit we are building as a TD, everything appears to me slightly on the large side. We are having to trim a lot off of the ab and kidney plates because he is so thin. My GML says we got it down though , ,looks good.

MTK was fast, fair priced and I was particularly happy with the helmet . Very sturdy, sharp pulls.

Good luck man!

Oh don't worry. I definitely hand paint. I'd just like the option to be there if I happen to need it.