Ty

Sinead

Gary

Melissa

Galactic Academy

Smith (Gunner)

Alex (gunner)

Report:

Troops began to arrive around 4, meeting in the Carpark of the Perth Convention Centre, as the organisers were unable to supply us with a change area.

I began to give out wristbands and christmas costume additions as troopers arrived, troops then began to kit up Posted Image We soon realised, it's a carpark, and carparks are hot! Some troops ventured over to a close by vent which was expelling cool air, we don't know where it was coming from but we weren't complaining!

Everyone was kitted up just after 5, so we headed up the elevator to the cool outside air, where all the other waiting groups also were.

Once we ventured inside the convention centre we soon realised, the organisers were very unorganised lol

The waiting game began, even though they were very clear that we arrived at 5:30, we sat around until approximately 6, when an event organiser finally made contact with us to let us know what was going on, a few minutes later we were inside the pavilion, where we posed for photos with other groups and played more of the waiting game.

Around 7 we were taken out of the pavilion and made our way to the streets of Perth!

Once we made our way down the stairs (WHICH NOBODY MENTIONED BTW!) we headed up to St Georges Terrace, where we were given our place in line, and again we played the waiting game! Whilst we waited we posed for photos with waiting members of the crowd, which at this point were 30-40 deep each side of the road!

The pageant started late at approximately 7:45, we began our 2.2km journey down the road.

Kids were screaming Darth Vader, Darth Vader! Omg Stormtroopers! One kid even called me a Biker Scout!! There were lightsabers scattered throughout the crowds, full of smiling faces and cameras, kids sitting on their dads shoulders to get a better view. Don't think I have ever waved so much in my life!

As Avers put it "if waveitis is a thing, I think I have it"

As we walked down the road we waved and posed for photos, everyone enjoying our christmas costume additions. At 2 points throughout the walk I managed to down 2 cups of water which were given out by volunteers, with my bucket on! Unfortunately the float in front of us had a malfunction and had deflated, oh well more attention for us! Posted Image

The walk seemed to go on forever, but soon, the corner, the glorious all mighty corner! The corner meant we were nearing the end, we could soon remove our buckets and enjoy the breeze that was hitting us in the gaps of our armour! As the crowd numbers diminished, we walked into our caged area, it was over, we had done it! (Well the pageant was still going on, but we were done lol)

BUCKETS OFF! We soon realised there again wasn't much organisation, so we walked off with our group sign (score!) and began our journey all the way back to the convention centre. That's right approximately another 2.2km walk ALL THE WAY BACK!

We didn't have to fight many crowds, until we got close to the convention centre, where some crazy lady was trying to get her phone out to get a photo with us, we kept walking, we were in no state for photos lol.

We eventually got back to the carpark, where we kitted down, many troopers ended up on the floor, in pain. As we started to pack away, troops began to head off home, to rest their ouchies lol. That was it, we had done it! We completed the Christmas Pageant!

Injuries: Some VERY sore bodies after the 5km walk. Pretty much everyone! During the pageant my arms hurt from waving, that was the only part that was sore, but as soon as I stopped waving, my new sores began to show!

Armour Repairs: getting the hats to sit on everyone's head was a struggle, Patricia had some malfunctions with her jawa eyes, I had some dye stain my body and my soft armour, as my new 2 piece under suit had only recently been dyed and I sweated a lot more than usual for some reason lol and I believe Trevor had some sort of armour repair as well (correct me if I'm wrong lol)

Happy People: 30 troopers + nearly 300,000 Perthlings.

• Like 1

I love the Troop report Glen, awesome job on that and the monumental troop itself.

Well done to all of you for an excellent effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow... Someone stayed up very late making a LOT of Santa hats, didn't they?

You guys looked great, and the report was fully entertaining, as usual!

Great job!