Belt detail questions (and a reference photo visual answer)

I made this, but found a visual reference to "go by" before I could post it... Maybe it will help someone else

and the visual reference...

NxZsDVU.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2021

These aren't so much done by measurement as just by visual eye. Look at your belt and where the belt boxes meet the flat portion is about where you want it trimmed down to. As for the rivet cover placement, it should not be centered, it should not really be right on the edge. Leave a mm or two between the edge and the cover.

• Like 2

It's 10mm on the bottom and top corner cuts and 13mm on the sides. You have the numbers mixed up in your diagram.

But that detail was dropped from the CRL some time ago which now specifies a 45 degree angle, which is either 13x13 or 10x10. As Steve says, just eyeball it till it looks right.

• Like 1

-----------

It won't let me replace my first image. I removed the 10 and 13mm notations. I rebuilt my belt last night using the archives photo and a few EI/Centurion examples as reference. When the E6000 dries, I'll post pics. I think it turned out 10X better than my first try (rushed/botched). Thanks for all the feedback!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Just to be clear, your belt should look like this when finished:

10405410.jpg

bummer... it doesn't. you show the rivet cover way out there but the reference archive image isn't that far from the outside "box" 

The important point is for the end cap to be almost edge to edge with the en of the ABS ammo belt. On the pictures above it's the case, it's just that the tab of ABS is a bit shorter than what it should be.

vlcsna10.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

I knew I was wasting my time replying :/

Sorry to have wasted your time.

To everyone else giving advice, thank you so much for your input. I'm doing the best I can with what I have on this project.

It's 10mm on the bottom and top corner cuts and 13mm on the sides. You have the numbers mixed up in your diagram.

The rivet covers go almost to the end of the ammo belt which 40mm longer than the last ammo box (I didn't have 40 mm). These numbers are approximate.

Again, I apologize for wasting the 1-2 minutes it took you to type a reply. So much for troopers helping troopers I guess.

• Like 1

Even if all belts were trimmed and sized the same (which they're not) don't get hung up on measurements made in millimeters. Just put the rivet covers where you think they look good based on the reference photos and go on with your life. No one will ever get a ruler out to measure how far off your corners or rivet covers are. 

-Eric

• Like 4