Yellowing on my RS bucket

OK, I know yellowing of plastic has cropped up before, but I was disappointed to find my RS Props bucket yellowing quite badly recently.

I've not had it long and it's been out of sunlight etc., so I was surprised to see ot turning so badly, so soon.

I'm assuming it was one of the ones made from ABS, but even so I'm surprised to see it like this.

Anyone had a similar problem with their RS bucket, and what are my options (painting over will destroy the hand painted details)?

Sorry to hear about the yellowing... To reverse it, someone posted something about what he did with great result, might want to have a look at it:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29002-how-to-reverse-uv-damage-on-armor/

Mine cracked by the tube stripes I think its permanently under stress, perhaps they cast them too thin, I don't troop either just sits on a shelf?

Yeah- I've had to make several repairs to the cracks in the very thin plastic- there's more yellowing around where I've made repairs.

You only have to look at this thing and a crack appears!

No way could you troop in it.

A member in our garrison troops with it all the time and the entire thin armor it has too, the armor is really flexible and looks like it takes a lot to crack. The helmet is very light and felt pretty good to me for trooping. My MTK has a crack near the tube stripes, but that is because my friend dropped it...

Edited by CRISTONAMO