Shoulder Bell Inquiries

I have a couple of questions about the shoulder bells.

First: There is a "swoop" mentioned in the 501st crl for the ANH hero armor, but I have no ieda what the "swoop" is, and I have been unable to find any helpful information elsewhere, so I thought I'd ask here.

Second: I have heard of handplates being made of latex (I assume that this is to allow for more complete hand movement), but I have noticed a severe limitation of the range of motion for the arms in nearly all images of troopers that I've seen. It seems to me that most troopers can't raise their arms above shoulder-height when moving their arms directly out from the sides to end in a T-like position. As this seems to be the case with most if not all troopers, I found myself wondering if one could cast the shoulder bells and make them out of latex to allow for a greater range of motion. It might seem like a silly idea to most of you, but I'm completely new to this and thought I'd ask rather than stay quiet about it. Do any of you know anything about attempts to make latex shoulder bells? Is that even up to 501st standards? I couldn't find any specific material requirements, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. Let me know what you guys know.

Thanks!

Here's the swoop you're wondering about:

7dfw0Rd.jpg

Basically, only very accurate kits have it. The shoulder bells with the swoop at the bottom like that should be worn on the left/hand shoulder.

And regarding your inquiry about the shoulder bells, i quote the CRL:

Special Notes:

• Visit the Frequently asked questions page for information on the Rubies Supreme Stormtrooper costume.
  • Blasters are not required for legion membership per our weapons policy.
  • The armor parts shall be made from one of these types of materials or like materials: White fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene), or Polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
  • FX armor may not be used for Level 3 approval.

During the filming, some thighs made of latex were used for mobility and stunts purpose but for joining the Legion, only handplates can be flexible.

Thank you, I'd completely missed that. I've been looking so much at the unit-specific CRLs that I totally ignored the general CRL.

The swoop, then, is just a widening at the bottom of the middle line with a slight point to one side or the other?

Edited by CommanderZel

• 11 months later...