Mic+memorex+aker+PTT

So if I am wanting to use a memorex headset to reduce wiring, and also use a PTT cable to take out unwanted coughing, sneezing, or just so the public cant hear me...would i just plug the Memorex receiver patch cable into the Y cable of the PTT, then plugging that into the aker voice amp?

Anyone done this?

I love my PTT. So if you're silly, we are two lol

You plug your mic in the transmitter in your bucket. Your receiver goes in your Icomm so is you PTT.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Agree with Tolo on both accounts.

Much better than Vox as sometimes mine even picks up breathing, and that static burst gets annoying if it goes off too frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont have an icomm just yet. Still trying to figure out placement for the memorex transmitter in my helmet. Im at the point of giving up lol. Was going to try it out at a troop tomorrow but its been more of a hassle than anything. May just ditch the wireless for now and just use the aker

Mine is velcroed to the top left side of my helmet, but am considering cutting it down and placing in the chin for better weigh distribution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

I tried the chin, i tried the back of the helmet, and its still a pain lol. I saw someone dremeled off the battery case, added longer wires, and i suppose they placed the battery behind the helmet on the inside, and it made the rest of the memorex a perfect fit for the chin. Just seems like a real pain in the butt to not have wires coming out of the helmet. Ill likely just go wired up tomorrow, then tinker around with it some more.

On a side note, i do still have the stock aker mic connected to the wire that wraps around my head. Likely get rid of that as well after tomorrow.

My head hurts from this lol

And oh yeah, i read that from Tolos thread lol. Regardless, ill have to find more time to tinker.

Another thing, unless i use the lanyard idea from Darth Aloha, i can't raise the volume of my aker past half way without feedback. I feel like i am not loud enough at any point up to the feedback.

When i do use the lanyard idea, i can raise my volume, BUT it makes my chest plate stick out and almost deforms my ab plate. Aerial headache is just and underestimate..

Once I replaced the aker mic with something much more directional I got little to no feedback unless I'm cranked way too loud for people to stand near me. 

Sometimes if I'm dancing around a lot (which is always) my aker also does weird things to my chest and/or ab. I'm forever adjusting it up or down depending on where it lands on the lanyard. I really need to mount the aker in my chest the way Clamps did. 

Seen this?

iCommS-J-Box-with-Wireless-1024x715.jpg

-Eric

• Like 1

I had not seen that until now, thanks Eric! I got the wiring down, now its basically figuring out how to get everything to sit pretty and get rid of the feedback. Could also be perhaps my shoulder straps are a bit too short causing my chest to flare out more. The AM chest is still pretty flat. Ill have to take a heat gun to it to give it more of a barreled chest. May just go ahead and mod the chest as pandatrooper did, just scared of creating return edges at this point.

Also, having trouble finding a good spot for my memorex in my bucket. I currently have one blower fan thats about 50 mm in it and a 9v, but thats it.

I had cut the transmitter box and put longer wire. I think that the batteries in the Memorez go down fast, so I took it out.

Having one wire coming down your bucket is not that bad. And I got myself a shur mic, I paid 60$ for it and I can put my 10w aker volume up to the point that in Comic Cons people hear me far away loll.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I am using a type 2 PTT i bought with my aker amp. I do not have an icomm just yet.

Just memorex wireless, aker, and type 2 ptt

I used it last night minus the memorex and loved it! Really just the one mic cable didnt really bother me much at all

Ok, just checking Andrew!  That is certainly the one to have.  I was seeing if you had a PTT cable from another manufacturer.

If you ever get the icomm, it comes with a "Type 1" PTT cable, which you'll need to use instead of the "Type 2" PTT cable.

I need to order a "Type 2" PTT cable myself.  I'm not planning on getting the icomm.

• Like 1

Now im considering selling the memorex. Just trying to find a spot for it in the helmet is becoming a pain honestly.

Ill have to figure out a way to semi attach the aker mic to my balaclava as well. I removed the headset wire and just had it practically free floating under the half that covers my mouth and nose. Seemed to work out great, no feedback issues or anything. I just would rather use my balaclava as a faceless one to breath a little easier, and have the mic a little further away from my mouth. I was practically eating it lol

• 5 months later...

Great posts everyone!  But my head is spinning trying to figure out the whole thing.  Anyone has a detailed list of what's needed to make it work? 

- Aker

- iComm

- and...?

And where to get them?  I've seen posts with attached mics, headsets, and even a throat mic (which seems awesome). It seems that NOT having a wire attached between the helmet and the chest is good (in order to be able to remove the helmet... hence the throat mic option). But what do you recommend?

My armor is not done yet (less than 3 weeks before I get it and start assembling it). But I'm looking for the extra accessories right now :)

Thanks