There are many AM 2.0 builds, but this one is mine...

My goal is ANH Stunt EIB. I'll be busy getting this thing assembled so I'm not sure how much detail this build thread will have, but... 

Obligatory brown box photo...

1511900_10204574603116869_36881947259355

and contents...

1797572_10204574617837237_53662465805802

more to come later when I can think clearly through all this excitement!

• Like 1

So, last night I literally jumped in feet first. I trimmed and glued the front of the left shin. I did that since I knew what the cover strip needed to be and where to trim based on the ridge at the front of the shin. I think it will be easier to test fit and trim the back now, then add the back cover strip. I did the other shin front on my lunch break today. Maybe some arm parts tonight...

When ya do your back cover strips for your shins, i advise you to make them 25mm, with the front of the shins being 20mm. That way you have more surface area for velcro, if that is how you intend to close the backs

When ya do your back cover strips for your shins, i advise you to make them 25mm, with the front of the shins being 20mm. That way you have more surface area for velcro, if that is how you intend to close the backs

Yes sir, That's the plan. I have everything mapped out w drawings of my own and from FISD in a reference binder for my build. 

• Like 1

Awesome bro! Always remember to enjoy this build, in the end, its always worth it! I keep tinkering with my armor here and there trying to find the perfect set up lol. Not nearly as time consuming as the initial build, but just nitpicking. I think im going to take a leap of faith and try to trim the bottom of the chest plate to get rid of the swoop. The thought still scares me, its mainly doing return edges that im hesitant about

Forearms trimmed and inner strip glued. Will add the outer strip at lunch today. Shin fronts have both inner and outer strips. I started to trim/fit the biceps last night, but am having an issue. If they fit my bicep correctly, then I can't slide them over my forearm. I remember a build that someone posted a pic of Popeye. I need to find that...

The tops of the forearms feel good. Not too loose or snug, still has some return edge. But the wrists seem extra large. Unfortunately they're just big enough to fit my gloved hand through. 

10389346_10204588169896030_5914077158624

That was me with the popeye build lol!

7551D6E5-8597-40B1-BFB0-3AFE9688C528.jpg

Tapering a bit more on the forearms should help you out. My hands barely fit through with my gloves on as well, but it can be done with some hand yoga

Ok. I tore apart the forearms and made the wrists a little smaller. It hurts to put them on but small price to pay, no? Also got the bicep inner trims glued in. I tried to reshape one bicep with boiling water but that was a giant fail. Good thing I could trim off the warped edges and cover w strips...

Sent from my ComLink

I always thought you put on the forearms without the gloves, which you put on later ...

???

I honestly can't imagine putting your hands with gloves AND handguards through a hole in the arms that looks remotely decent afterwards ...

Edited by Bone

I always thought you put on the forearms without the gloves, which you put on later ...

???

I honestly can't imagine putting your hands with gloves AND handguards through a hole in the arms that looks remotely decent afterwards ...

True. The hand guards were the last thing on my mind while fitting these. I just wanted them to look good without removing a layer of skin from my hands. Regardless, gloves after forearms will have to be the way to go.

It should be a tight squeeze to get your hands through the wrist openings. From the above pic, you have quite a bit of room that you can take those down. Hands first, gloves on second.

• Like 1

I put my handguards on after i slide my hands and gloves through the forearms.

I may be trimming just a bit more. Always something to tinker with!

Edited by fuumantroop

I put my handguards on after i slide my hands and gloves through the forearms.

that was my initial plan, but now I'll have to do gloves after forearms. No biggy. Hopefully tonight I can get the outer strips on the arm parts and do some sanding & clean-up on the edges...