Buying a new phone

Grimez

Hey, I'm starting my search for my soul phone since my 4S is starting to breakdown on me - most notably the battery. I've begun searching for a phone to replace it and I've basically decided on 3 choices. I went to my AT&T store today and tried out the Nokia Lumia 1520. It wasn't a bad phone, but it was just too big for my taste. I could fit my entire 4S and case inside the screen of it. Not really sure why the windows phones get such negative feedback; sure, it's not an iPhone but from I experienced it was still pretty solid and I would learn to like it as I got used to the whole live tile thing. My other option was the Samsung Galaxy S5. I haven't gotten to try one of these out yet but these have a pretty good rep and sound nice too. Lastly, he iPhone 6 is my last option if the others don't pan out for me. What phones do you guys have? Any thoughts on these?

i work for verizon but i have tmobile. the 5c,5s, and iphone 6 dont have a whole lot of difference. same cameras and stuff. the s has the fingerprint scanner and the 6 is just bigger and the battery lasts 2 hrs longer. i get more calls about droids not working than any other phone, iphones come in a close 2nd. i havent had anyone complain about the galaxy s4 or 5.

All three are great phones. Which one you choose would be a matter of personal preference, really.

I'm an iPhone user, but both Android and Windows phones nowadays are great phones.

It depends on so many things that it's impossible to say anything that may help you.

What's more important to you? Camera? Apps? Battery? Price? Features? Post-sale service? Build quality?

Depending on the answers to these, you may choose one or another.

I've been using iPhones ever since they've been out. I like iOS so much that I changed jobs to be an iOS developer. I'm still getting used to the size of the iPhone 6, but it's a really great phone.

I did try a Nexus 5 for a month, but I didn't like it. At my office, several android guys and even a lumia user all switched to iPhone 6 when it came out. Most of the other android people just started buying the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, so if you're considering android that might be worth looking in to!

One thing to consider is how many apps you have purchased and so forth. Migrating all of your data and contacts can be a lot of work, especially when moving between ecosystems (android, ios, windows).

The AT&T store can transfer all of my contacts for me. If I get an iphone I imagine they can do the apps too.

If you get another Iphone you can probably do that yourself with icloud. But apps will have to be re-bought and/or reinstalled if changing from ios to android. Also, not all apps are available for either phone.

I'm an android user, so I'm not advocating ios for the sake of ios, but changing ecosystem is unfortunately still quite cumbersome.