Seams on Boots

After reading the CRL for ANH Stunt, for which the EIB requirements state "there is no seam present on the front of the boot", I thought I'd ask for sake of clarification.

I'm not in the market just yet, but grabbed pics of these off eBay.   Are both of these boot styles unacceptable for EIB?   They both have seams on the 'front' of the boot:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The one on the left is unacceptable. These are boots known as CABoots. They are a very shiny boot (and lovely smelling)  But you can see the seam that runs from the top, front loop to the one that comes off the "U" shaped elastic on the side.

The other boot is from TK boots. No seams anywhere on the boot front=acceptable

The other boot is from TK boots. No seams anywhere on the boot front=acceptable

Actually, although it's difficult to see, there IS a seam running straight down the middle from the top of the boot to the toe.

Regardless of who makes the boots, I'd advise against having visible seams across the front side of the boot.

We have close up pictures of the actual model of boots used in ANH if you want to know what it's supposed to look like.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/20-boots-original-brand/

I figured as much. And since TKBoots doesn't seem to keep my size in stock (12-13), I thought I'd look for alternatives.

I own a pair of size 13 TKBoots. Unless your in a hurry, I would suggest just waiting for them and their more accurate boot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must say that even if TK boots are nice and rather accurate, it is still white leather not white painted black leather.....there are more accurate black alternatives out there... :-)

As much as I'd like to be screen-accurate, I tend to think of it as a real-world scenario.  No respectable military in the world would issue boots in one color, and have you paint and polish them in another color.  That's just sadistic!  :)

• Like 1

Hahaha...well going downthat path is "dangerous".

You could adk the questions: which respectable military in their right mind would issue helmets that restricts its wearers vision to zero from the body and one meter out, or uses body-armour that denies the wearer the possibility to sit down, or which respectable military issues boots that are flat matte black and then demands that the wearer polish said bots to a mirror shine......ohh hold the phone..... :-)..

I do appreciate why people chooses white leather boots... :-)

• Like 1