$1,000 Rubies With Deceptive Photos (shocker, I know)

BoomerTrooper

So I was cruising eBay (searching for a couple of TK stickers) and I saw the following posting:  

"STORMTROOPER COMMANDER SUPRIME EDITION PROFESSIONAL FULL BODY COSTUME"

Beyond it just being a Rubies with a shoulder pauldron, the description says; "PICTURES ARE REAL AND SHOWS THE FULL COSTUME"  Uh... no.

ScreenShot2014-09-30at112046PM_zps35db36

ScreenShot2014-09-30at112325PM_zps0de013

Prompting me to send the seller a question:

ScreenShot2014-09-30at110937PM_zpsc543f4

Normally I just pass them up and live by 'Caveat Emptor' but I think the 'Commander Supreme Edition Professional"... "...has been used in films" just really bugged me. Then again, maybe I'm just being a jerk.  Either way -- I feel better saying something.

Well.. Maybe it featured in a youtube film. Doesn't specify any movie title. except for the TK/Clone pic, this guy seems pretty honest. Doesn't even mention 501st.

+If the boots are the ones in the picture, they're pretty nice.

Edit: Just double checked. NOT the boots shown... 

Edited by jannick

It's sometimes good to vent at these people, I've done the same in the past.

I usually point them in the direction of this place. For me, it's just nice to let them know that there are people out there who know what they are looking at and know that some of their claims are not quite right.

Even the boots that the guy has pictured on there aren't ideal. They are Pleaser/Funtasma ones. If you look closely at the pic, they have a stitched seam running right down the front and over the toe. Definitely no good for EIB.

Rubies is not the armor shown in the second photo. The rest of them are rubies.

IMO it's still slippery. Rubies is not a professional costume but a OTS (off the shelf) costume.

Ha you know whats one of the best things about this auction?  Is when I was reading the description I was like man that sounds so familiar.  He copied and pasted MTK's description from his ebay auction or his email that he sends out word for word.  Move along!