Helmet evolution?

Hey guys, one of the things that truly captivated me about stormtroopers was...the helmet!

As I pursue my dream of donning a set of armor and trooping (no lie, it's a dream for me, one I'm working my tail off to make a reality) I was thinking about creating a "helmet shelf" that is, a shelf where I showcase the evolution of the helmets over the generations.

My question, where to start? Is the RMQ THE first, or are the clones? Should I include the animated clones, or not?

I'm not doing specialized (I. E. sandtroopers, bikers, etc) though I want those helmets, but I'm looking at the basic grunts.

What should my tree look like?

I guess chronologically you would start with the Ep. II clones and then go to Ep. 3,4,5, and 6 to show the evolution of the helmets.

The RMQ was just a concept and never made the movies, so the question is: Do you want strictly movie helmets or everything in between? 

The animated helmets are just that. They are animated versions of the movie helmets.  Eventually, they started to look like the clones from Ep. III

If I were doing this, I would start with the phase 1 clones from Ep. II and go from there. 

Also, are you going to include just plain white helmets, or every variation such as ARC clones?

Well that's the kicker. I'm a fan of the animated series (I think that it was really well-written) and I think that Kevin over on the clone forums does a fantastic job on his sets. I want a lid from him for sure. I was in love with the animated shock trooper he did. He's really good, so I don't want to NOT have an animated in the set. Maybe a second shelf?

Coming from a collectors background(and with a wallet which is constantly weeping!) I would personally try to keep it simple,and focus solely on the 5 standard white movie lids.

If I were to add in the likes of modded lids,like Neyo/Cody,etc,.then I'd also be compelled to go and get a TKC,INC,Shadowtrooper,ARC Trooper, every version of a Clone, a McQ, an animated,etc,etc.

I hate being a completionist!

EDIT: I only counted 5 movie lids,..I should have listed 6.I forgot the ANH Hero!d'oh!!)

Edited by Colin1138

Keep in mind there are 3 other movies coming out. I would simplify your "movie shelf" with this for now as the TK lids don't vary all that much from Ep IV-VI. post-18717-140862296684_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'll do what you guys suggested:keep it simple for now.The reality is that it'll be hard to keep up with my desire to own a troopable lid from each type.

Frankly, as I already have a taste for fast cars (own a Chrysler 300C and a Pontiac GTO at 23) I'm very strapped on the budget.

I have a Javamonkey clone phase 2 I'll be trading away soon, hopefully for a clone I can actually wear haha.