Terrible performance.. only on this site

Dday

So I'm using Chrome and everywhere else I can surf to, the performance is fast and easy, as expected. But there are times when I"m on the FISD that it's like trecking through the tar pits. It isn't all the time, but it's enough that I notice it and it's very annoying.

Like right now, it took me 5 minutes to get this page loaded to write this post.

Opening messages is terrible slow, everything is terrible slow.

But it only seems to be here, from the sites I've been on.

This has been a problem for months now so it isn't something new, I've just finally decided to write a message about it.

I went through disabled addins, cleared cache and all the standard stuff, reloaded and restarted.. same deal.

Yep, not just you, Derrek.

I've noticed intermittent times where pages on whitearmor.net will never load, then refreshing the page will make it load.

This morning, however, there's a big issue with loading up pages.  It isn't the network connection that the forums are on, because I get a constant 50ms ping to the server.  There is an issue with the database that the forums are using, either software-based or hardware-based.  I hope the IT guys running this site are able to find it.

it sure would be cool to see a dedicated team set up to handle the job of taking this website to a finished status both functionally

database integrity, and content management. 

not just webmasters who constantly rotate through whlle search and function continues do downgrade.

and i'm sure that the database for this site must be huge!

and 380 per year s a massive sign of the huge volume here.

<EDIT>

Someone was trying to exploit a vulnerability in another website hosted on our server. I think it was hosing all sorts of things. I just received an email from the web host about it. 

At the bottom of every page on FISD are some often ignored stats. The "Exec. Time" should be around .2ish. Anything more than that the site is running like utter shucks. A high Exec Time also means that you're network connection is fine but FISD's server is sucking. 

-Eric

Eric, just out of curiosity, how much more is that huge amount for improved performance? Are we talking double annually? Like I said... Mere curiosity. I know that the request for support this year seemed to go quite well, but I realize that support like that cannot be counted on year in and year out, since it is strictly voluntary.

I've managed websites before and I'm nowhere near a pro at doing it so this is not an offer of assistance in that regard, because it probably wouldn't help any for me to be helping. I'm just saying that managing FISD cannot be a simple task. It is a monster of a forum, so kudos to those of you who are managing it and keeping it breathing day in and day out.

Edited by Dark CMF

<EDIT>

Someone was trying to exploit a vulnerability in another website hosted on our server. I think it was hosing all sorts of things. I just received an email from the web host about it. 

At the bottom of every page on FISD are some often ignored stats. The "Exec. Time" should be around .2ish. Anything more than that the site is running like utter shucks. A high Exec Time also means that you're network connection is fine but FISD's server is sucking. 

-Eric

Interesting.  Thanks for the info on the Exec Time.  I just had an exec time of 5.28 when I clicked for "New Content" on the site.

Interesting. Thanks for the info on the Exec Time. I just had an exec time of 5.28 when I clicked for "New Content" on the site.

That's a slow page for sure. It has it's moments of being better.

Also... If we paid more... Our forum would be faster. As it is we pay too much. I've thought about moving hosts but it is way too much hassle/work for now.

-Eric

Also... If we paid more... Our forum would be faster. As it is we pay too much. I've thought about moving hosts but it is way too much hassle/work for now.

-Eric

I've tried that migration thing before too... Let's just say that the interwebz won that argument.

I've tried that migration thing before too... Let's just say that the interwebz won that argument.

It's doable but given how busy and lazy we are (a terrible combo) it seems like a 2015 concern.

-Eric