My AP Build....From PEI Canada...Definitely a WIP

I just watched some film of Luke and Han in the control booth after ambushing TK-421.  Looks like the easiest way to fit the forearms and biceps for that matter would be to line up the bump in the armour that goes through the shoulders, biceps and then the dimples on the forearm.  I could trim the forearms then to not cut into my skin at the elbow bend.  Take a peak at Luke and then mine.  Nothing glued.  Just talking myself into making some moves here.  I think I have the issue with the 7.5 mm strips on the back of one forearm worked out.  See previous entries if you are just reading this for the first time. 

ScreenShot2014-08-16at103454AM_zpsc9db28

IMG_5613_zpsd31a2c45.jpg

I think Luke may be a bad TK example of fit as it doesn't really fit him at all. Try and use the movie screen caps from his forum of non rebel TKs ;).

As for the alignment of the ridges and bumps. Yeah. That's essentially the pattern

It's not bad...I tacked one of the pieces from the mistakes I cut off back on with tape and kept the front at 7.5+7.5 = 15mm.  It's closed in nicely where I can fit my under shirt and my glove.  I could make it slightly bigger but this works.  The back side where the problem area will be will need some modification but I think I can manipulate it to look decent.  Right now a 15mm strip on the back covers the cut perfectly, with the piece reset) to the edges but it offers no stability.  So I might up that cover strip to 18-20 mm and brace it on the underside just to add a bit of stability.  It's either that or ABS paste or a new inside forearm untrimmed.

BICEPS...I assume are the same...7.5mm cuts on the front, then wrap and size the back?

Yep!  And the thighs / shins are 10mm cuts on each side in the front to take a 20mm cover strip, then wrap and size the backs with a 25mm cover strip.

Biceps trimmed on the front sides.

IMG_5641_zps0c5818c1.jpg

My plan.

IMG_5642_zpsc708a1c0.jpg

Thighs.  I assume I cut the small pieces off at the bottom too.  I didn't yet?  I know the cover strips only go to the bump.  I'm thinking the bottom should sit flush with each other?  The lines drawn you see is a faint pencil mark that I took the 10mm from to be consistent up the whole leg from the edge of the bump.

IMG_5643_zpsdfbd0968.jpg

Ok...so I cut them bottoms off.  Will sand and tighten as needed later.  For now though, look at how messy the bottoms are as a whole?  

Right leg...this will be cover by ammo or battery pack?  The rectangle boxes.

IMG_5646_zps7ed8185c.jpg

Left Leg...somewhat blocked by sniper plate.

IMG_5647_zps3e3d291d.jpg

Both taped up and sitting where they should....I think.  I feel like I'm putting on goalie gear for my rec. hockey team.

IMG_5648_zpsc77bfb77.jpg

Next, I trimmed out shins.  I'm not sure if lefts and rights are correct, but I wanted to try things on.  Still no glue.  Just tape.

IMG_5654_zps03af0a0d.jpg

IMG_5659_zpsc135001c.jpg

Shins are really high and pound the insides of my knees.  Even standing there is not comfortable.  Can I trim off the bottom?

IMG_5665_zpsc816ab3d.jpg

Over all though, a good day.  Today was full of milestone moments.  Feel free to comment , question and suggest

I'm not sure if this diagram still applies to AP:

APshins2.jpg

I would ask for someone's opinion more familiar with the construction of AP to see if this is still the case.

As for the bottom of the shins, if you are referring to the return edge, you can remove that.  Otherwise it will dig into your boots.  And the shins should fit down on top of the boots, which it looks like you're doing.

The diagram looks right, going off my AP. Mine were marked in the inside with an R and an L I the shins.

I've heard it called the ammo pack more than the battery pack so I stuck with ammo pack. Plus is sounds cooler!

I agree with trimming the bottoms. I also trimmed some on the top back of the shins to help bend my legs better but not a whole lot. Just remember a little at a time till it's comfortable. :)

I think on your thighs, you are better off aligning the bottoms, as your cover strips will cover the tops, plus creating a trim line would be much easier at the top.

Please someone chime in if I am not correct in my assumption.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't find anything that suggests how to modify a kidney plate to bring around for EIB consideration?  I like Chicken wings too much to fit into AP as is?  Anyone know a thread?  

To close the gap, add a shim to the inside edge of the kidney and then glue the piece of abs that covers the gap to that. You'll use ABS paste to cover the seam.

Here's what people answered when I asked about it

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26730-space-between-abs-and-kidney-pieces/

Here's link to abs paste

http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/HOWTO:ABSpaste

A shim?  There might not be a shim big enough...I type this as I eat a plate of nachos for lunch.  Haha.  Maybe time for an apple!

I'd recommend ordering some extra abs material from trooperbay then. That's what I did. He's very good at getting stuff out quickly so you can set this part aside and work on something else while you wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone I'm back.  

I've been away from the build for a while.  $ was the issue.  I jumped in pretty quickly and have to budget.  So what I've done recently is bought some snaps, E6000 (clear) elastic bands and canvas bands and started to hang some pieces together just to see how it all hangs together.  I'm not sure what to use...1 VS 2 snaps at every connection for that extra security?  Elastic or Canvas straps...flexibility VS stability?  1" or 2".  Everything I have now is 1".  Fabric is cheap.  $1.50 a meter at the most. 

Everyone will see here that i've heavily taped things to get some form and I'm not going to start gluing seams and butt joints until I'm comfortable with it all.  Any suggestions folks?   

IMG_0374_zps9f088e16.jpg

IMG_0381_zps76e51c00.jpg

IMG_0382_zps51d03bb8.jpg