Space between Abs and kidney pieces

I've got the AP armor and there is a gap between the abs and kidney pieces on both right and left sides. I've read you can add shims to cover the gap. I'm wondering about that because there's the six rivets on the one side that need to be 10 mm from the edge. I know there's the other side but at this time, can't remember how many go on the other side but I know I can quickly find out. I can't find any pictures or make out in any pictures where it shows shims added or maybe you guys are just that good :-). Can some one give me some advice and/or have pictures that will help me out. This is my first build and want to do it right the first time.... Thank you in advance

Edited by Slangen

10567683846_dbc2ecc73d_o.jpg10894908813_f23848e826_o.jpgThe armor pictured is the same. He mixed up some ABS paste by combining abs scraps with acetone.  His rivet placements are a little off so use these pics as reference for the seam installation. The rivets need to be spaced out a little more top to bottom.

Totally closed. Only a thin seam line is allowed

For level three certification (if applicable): 

• Ideally there should be no gap between the ab and kidney plates, just a single visible seam line.
Edited by The5thHorseman

Although Germain and the CRL's are correct, there is a little wiggle room here. Unless you used nylon webbing at the means of closing your side gaps, elastic will stretch. If you had a REALLY big dinner or are a bit gassy when taking your pics and there is a slight gap on both sides, it is forgiven. Just nothing excessive, please! ;)