My AP Build....From PEI Canada...Definitely a WIP

Check my build thread, basically I used adhesive backed industrial Velcro, stuck it on first, then stiched the two long edges to webbing, then put in the snap and glued them to the armour using Zappa Gap.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28366-slys-ap-anh-stunt-tk-build/page-7

I can send you more detailed photos directly if you like.

Sorry not trying to hijack this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Shins..Front.  In the front they dig into my inner knees.  I think a bit of foam could work to push them off, but I also could stand to take a bit, following the bottom contour off.  I'm only 5"6 and as I understand, AP was made for those 5"10?  

IMG_6032_zps1d39a4d4.jpg

Shins...back.  I don't have much bend to the knee?  Can I cut down that back edge a bit?  Or if I follow what I said on the previous picture, I could take a bit off the bottom if need be?

IMG_6031_zps8a12df2b.jpg

Part of everything....Don't mind the gap in the right thigh.  The reason I show this is because the back of my thigh doesn't allow my leg to bend.  Look at the spaces behind knees....Not much room for hinging.  Can I cut off the box trim?  Go straight across kind of?  I think I read some people say ESB models do it but I'm going for ANH.  As is, I won't be able to troop unless I stand like a statue.  Getting here from my work room was 21 short and stocky steps.  Much like the Tin Man before Dorothy oiled him up!  Is it wrong to reference another movie on a Star Wars costuming site?

IMG_6044_zps21070db3.jpg

I also started gluing some smaller parts...Cover strips on front of things.  Have to clean up a little residue on them and whatnot but I'm wondering about the shape at the ends?  Should they be rounded, sharp corners, or almost done with angles?  Thoughts?

IMG_6111_zpsa36a2a6f.jpg

One last thing for now...On the other side, the strapping can be bigger?  Not massive but bigger?  For example I cut the front on the forearms to be 15mm as indicated...but the back is about 20 mm to cover the formed bump of the mould.  Is that ok?

The under suit is actually pretty good even though the pictures don't really do it justice.  I have another pair too that I'll try again before I start gluing.  This was with that tighter pant.  Same space and mobility issue in the knees. Only thing I can think of is that with the thighs attached to the ab/chest contraption, the thighs might rise a bit?  

IMG_5659_zpsc135001c.jpg

If you are having trouble with the length of the shins, you can trim from the bottom, so your knees can bend better. Also you can trim a similar shape from the bottom back edge of the back of your thighs to the ones you have at the top back edge of your shins. This will make a big difference. If you can't walk, makes it very hard to enjoy a troop.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thighs aren't usually strapped to the abdominal plate. People mostly wear a waist belt from which the thighs are hung, just like the original armors on the film. The belt is then hidden behind the abdominal and kydney plates.

Looking at your picture, i think you could tapper more your thighs around the knees. They seem a bit wide and with some extra-room.

And to ease the walk, as Andrew says, you can notch the back of your thighs at the bottom, and the top of your shins:

vlcsna18.jpg

Awesome. Great plan on the belt. I'll take another look tonight. Thanks for the help. I'll also post a picture later of the shins and thighs together from the front. Just noticed that. Good one of that combo wasn't uploaded.

• 3 weeks later...

Started working my helmet during the Leafs game last night VS the Penguins.  Figured nothing exciting would happen from my Blue and White that would cause a knife slip so I worked away.  Pretty happy with the cuts.  More later though.  

IMG_6251_zps21b1a110.jpg

IMG_6250_zps974db79a.jpg

My drill went a little off centre and dug in a bit.  Deal with that later!

IMG_6252_zps2c3a526c.jpg

Tonight I noticed that my brow doesn't sit up tight to the corners nor does it hand above the eye line.  Suggestions?  I put the trapezoid stickers on and the visor inside just to see where everything lines up. 

IMG_6267_zps1679a48f.jpg

IMG_6270_zps161e5e64.jpg

Here I am as full as I can be at this point.  Lots of straps done on the inside but I look quite bunched up in the crotch.  Not much separation between the thighs and the bottom of the ab plate.  Thoughts on trimming?

IMG_6257_zpscc1e6a75.jpg

And the back....The butt cod had a strap fall off from Kidney plate.  I don't have a belt to bring everything together either.  I also notched the knees and the back of the thighs...Needs some more though.  Nothing crazy...Some foam inside the legs might help as well.  Back of thighs are not glued.  

IMG_6260_zps8a359015.jpg

Trim pieces...I've been kind of finishing things off like this?  Thoughts?  Don't mind the access glue shown.  I've not cleaned anything yet to any great extent!

IMG_6273_zpsc023f879.jpg

Couple side shots...Helmet looks massive but there is no support in it yet!?

IMG_6259_zpsa04c94ba.jpg

IMG_6261_zps4273fed0.jpg

Speaking of helmet, what do you do with these bolts?

IMG_6271_zps0da36c7a.jpg

Wow, great progress there. I replaced the lens material with a thicker and darker piece from Trooperbay. It is longer so I used the top ear bolts to hold it in place. The lower bolts help keep my fan kit in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sly11 - I have a few things to buy from Trooper Bay.  I'm hoping Santa brings some...I have to make a very specific Christmas list though because I'm not sure the elves will understand what everything is (or why I need any of it).  Hahaha.  I have an incredibly supportive crew here but they think I'm a little zany at times.  My most common return in a conversation is "because it's in the movies like that". 

Tolo - The ab plate is attached but I can always shorten the straps to pull it up.  Plus it's not attached underneath to the butt cod so it's flapping out a bit.  Waiting for stores to open again tomorrow.  I'm not sure what to do in terms of rivets and everything so that's a walk in research I'll have to take today.  I hope I can get everything here in Charlottetown.

Sly11 - I have a few things to buy from Trooper Bay. I'm hoping Santa brings some...I have to make a very specific Christmas list though because I'm not sure the elves will understand what everything is (or why I need any of it). Hahaha. I have an incredibly supportive crew here but they think I'm a little zany at times. My most common return in a conversation is "because it's in the movies like that".

Tolo - The ab plate is attached but I can always shorten the straps to pull it up. Plus it's not attached underneath to the butt cod so it's flapping out a bit. Waiting for stores to open again tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do in terms of rivets and everything so that's a walk in research I'll have to take today. I hope I can get everything here in Charlottetown.

That will help with the cod and butt plate attached.

Yeah everything is closed in Canada. Happy turkey day Canadian trooper ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk