AM 2.0 build (ANH Stunt) by Rystan

Yea you're right .  I wonder what's making the backside so long?  my but plate sits low if I have my back plate joing the kidney instead of overlapping it. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the back plate overlaps the kidney plate on mine too as it sits.  I'll likely trim some from the bottom of the back plate.    Still trying to figure out how to measure how much to trim.  Not so much the amount, but the taking of the actual measurement by myself.  I think the plan is to save that cut for after getting the shoulder connection to the chest done so I can stop worrying about tape coming undone as I move around.

Hey Mike, what type of buttons did you buy?

Hey Ryan, which buttons are you referring to?  

You referring to these?

21R%2BH4eUQaL.jpg

I bought the Tandy Line 24 snaps from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ABMZ7C/  but they appear to be unavailable at the moment via that link.  You should be able to find them elsewhere online I'm sure.

Hey mate, been reading many a site as we all do, want to say you have a great thread here.

I also bought my AM recently from the last shipment from TG.

you have addressed the new AM for us, many thanks I will be in touch.

Hey mate, been reading many a site as we all do, want to say you have a great thread here.

I also bought my AM recently from the last shipment from TG.

you have addressed the new AM for us, many thanks I will be in touch.

Thanks Peter!  I will be getting back to working on the build this week.  I took a week off getting rested and ready for Fan Expo Canada (which I'm at right now and having a blast).  

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates Mike?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for checking on my build.  There is a lot of progress that I haven't documented yet.  Once I figured out I wasn't going to be finished in time for Fan Expo, I decided to sleep instead of staying up until all hours of the night building so I would be able to function for the con.  Then I took about a week to recover and catch up on all the things around the house that were ignored while I was focusing on the build.   Then between kid's birthday, school starting up again and getting sick...oh and fear of the sewing machine...it took a bit to get back into things.  I finally conquered the fear of the sewing machine (with limited success...pics to follow), I should be ready to start the final push to getting 501st approval soon.

Been following your progress (along with others) to keep the fire stoked in the down time.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for checking on my build.  There is a lot of progress that I haven't documented yet.  Once I figured out I wasn't going to be finished in time for Fan Expo, I decided to sleep instead of staying up until all hours of the night building so I would be able to function for the con.  Then I took about a week to recover and catch up on all the things around the house that were ignored while I was focusing on the build.   Then between kid's birthday, school starting up again and getting sick...oh and fear of the sewing machine...it took a bit to get back into things.  I finally conquered the fear of the sewing machine (with limited success...pics to follow), I should be ready to start the final push to getting 501st approval soon.

Been following your progress (along with others) to keep the fire stoked in the down time.

Life will have its way sometimes thats for sure! I too have been trying to keep up with everyones builds. Its pretty much a FISD armor party at this point lol

• 1 month later...

How is your build going?  Hopefully you've had some time to get back to the build.  I particularly wanted to hear about your helmet build and how well MightyTank's comments assisted you in getting it fitted together.

Hi James,

The build is still progressing.  I hope to have it wearable for Halloween to pass out candy to the neighborhood kids.  About all I have left to do is the thigh ammo belt and the TD canister.   I've got a big backlog of photos I need to upload and describe on here.  I just reached a point where I wanted the armor finished more than I wanted to document the build. :D  I should be able to recall much of it after I've finished.

On the helmet build side, MightyTank's comments definitely helped to get the helmet assembled.  Especially in the "don't be afraid to apply some force" department. ;)  The left ear was the biggest issue as seems to be the case for almost everyone.  I didn't do any trimming beyond how the ears initially came, but I am not completely happy with how the left ear sits, so might go back and trim it to sit more flush later.  If the plan is to go EIB and/or Centurion, the AM helmet has other issues so I didn't spend too much time worrying about perfection.  (I do love the helmet though, flaws and all, and especially love peeking around corners in the house wearing it scaring the crap out of my wife.)

If you have any more specific questions, let me know and I'll try to help.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.  I thought MightyTank's comments were great and they made a lot of sense when I got home to actually look at the bucket.  Spent most of last night test fitting it all together.  I have a build thread going if you want to check out my progress.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29001-darthdadios-am-20-anh-stunt-eib/

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but have you researched the kit? This kit is made for taller/bigger troopers. Not that it can't be trimmed accordingly. But put that into considerations. I have AM2.0 thighs and shins because I didn't want to have to make shims. 

Just curious <br>

I'm considering buying am 2.0 kits from trooper gear guy. From your experience would you recommend him?<br>

This will be my 1st build. Want to make sure I'm making the right decision <br>

Thanks

Phil, AM 2.0 is great armor if you're bigger than the average stunt actor in the UK in the 70's.  Some of us carry some extra weight around the middle, or in our arms and legs, and the extra big plates that Troopergear supplies are great for us.  The armor is very high quality, very nice pulls, with a ton of detail.  It also comes with the different parts you need to make a sandtrooper, if you're in to that sort of thing.

Yea I have an AM armor. I a very happy with it. I'm about 6'2" around 190pnds. He has also upgraded the back and chest plate since I bought mine. There's also extra abs in the pieces if you're a big guy.

There was a shipping error when a few others and myself ordered, he was quick to respond and correct everything very quickly, that's a + in my book.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk