Fuumantroop's AM armor build

First round of cleaning up and touching up. Along with gluing the central ab button plage. Still a work in progress, but getting close

DBC96559-5DD3-477A-A784-73E473D557F9.jpg

I apologize for the lack of lighting, just trying to at least capture the outlining of the buttons thus far.

Round 2 of touch ups and cleaning up. Its a tad imperfect, but then again thats the whole point right?

EB80816B-5ED4-4BCE-ADC4-CB708EC5A333.jpg

8658BCFA-285D-4BD6-99E0-6673A576A6AD.jpg

21A0213D-DADD-4786-BEE2-66405C009922.jpg

I am no painter by any means, I have never painted a model in my life until this armor build. How does it look?

Looking good, belt clips are much better too. The painted area on the buttons should be approx 11mm across, they were also hand painted in the movie , so I recon you are good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ill measure them when I get home this afternoon just out of curiosity.

Going to get my belt attached to my ab armor, then, submission pics!

Shouldn't have any issue for approval!

Have you filled out your application on the Legion website yet? Need to do so before the GML sends them up to that level.

• Like 1

Thanks! May have to put another strip of foam in the thighs to keep them at the right level. Other than that, i am having issues keeping the elastic that holds the shoulder straps down in place. Might have to tighten them a bit, or something to keep them from popping out.

I havent been approved just yet, computer was being ridiculous so I couldnt get my pics submitted until late. Fingers crossed though!

Shouldn't have any issue for approval!

Have you filled out your application on the Legion website yet? Need to do so before the GML sends them up to that level.

I have not just yet. Will be doing that now. I can't decide on a legion id number though lol

Looks awesome, see if you can get those shoulder bells to sit a little more forward, so you see less black between them and the chest, but really can't see any reason why your armour won't get approval. Great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Trimmed the thighs to fit better. Going to take a little more off the top. Maybe tone down the front on the top side some. Was still hitting my COD. Looks good when im standing still, but with movement there was a lot of pushing between the cod and tops of the thighs.

Thanks Andrew! Will have more pics tomorrow with the new trimmings.

And on the shoulders, i think i put the wrong shoulder bells on each arm. They arent dedicated left and right, but my straps make a bit of difference. May shorten the strap connecting to the chest/back connection to bring them up a bit more.

Its true when they say "your never really done adjusting" :)

Edited by fuumantroop

Also will be adding a 3rd strap on the right side. I want that gap closed up between the kidney and abdomen armor, its really bugging me lol

No updated pics of my retrimmed thighs just yet. Will be suiting up for those pics soon. Might go ahead and cut out that U shape on the backs to allow for more movement.

But I got my helmet fans installed. One 12v 25mm cpu cooling fan, and one 12v 50mm blower fan both with their own 9v batteries and switches.

139592E9-DA6C-4893-8EA6-AC9F9385E51A.jpg

3A6DF364-12B8-4A45-97C3-D6DA1EBAD0E5.jpg

9F0F0730-320D-4F0A-AF8B-BEB9DA4836B2.jpg

I do have a pretty good amount of room in the front of my helmet, would have bought a second blower fan but the one i got was all they had in stock. Ill be ordering some new ones at some point. The blower really outputs a good amount of air, while the cooling fan doesn't do much but help circulate air in my helmet.

Ill probably bite the bullet and end up ordering echos fan system if all else fails. Hopefully will be testing this system out tomorrow with the local squad :)

Updated thighs. MUCH better, does not collide with the COD much at all. And the very few times it does, its extremely minimal! Will hopefully be cutting the U shape soon, wanted to get some second opinions before doing so

8A292B3B-35EF-4E10-925B-AFF410D027EC.jpg

Correction, EIB will be submitted after i get 501st access on this page.

Never fear, more pictures are here! But sadly no not my trooping pictures from earlier, YET.

Look what we have here boys! My only two armor bites! Caused by the bottom backs of my thigh armor!

69E295D7-D99E-4136-BD65-2C9F162E118A.jpg

2F32AC6D-9146-47DF-9392-A429713F23BF.jpg

I have since then cut out the beloved U shape in hopes to resolve this issue. I felt them pinching while trooping, but I didn't think it broke the skin. Once home, i noticed them, then checked my armor, and i found a tiny blood trail. Only a small couple of spots, but ill take it as my welcome to trooping!

Oh and also, i promised everyone to share a picture of all my trimmings from this build. So here they are!

22FAD6D8-DBBD-4BF1-88EC-F5232E4C1DF4.jpg

882723EE-B21E-4485-80AD-310075C1F07F.jpg

They all fit perfectly in my TK boots box!

0E6CE39F-B717-4DF4-862A-94A690284675.jpg

Hope this resolves any concerns about sizing the AM to fit, even though you are not the bigger/larger trooper. I am 5'10 180+/- lbs. yes it did take some fairly heavy modifications to get it to fit me. Yes it is not a screen accurate armor, but the pull is awesome, got an awesome reaction from the public in it, and I am happy to say YES IT CAN FIT YOU. I think of it as more of a "one size fits all" armor.

That being said, eventually I will be replacing the chest and back with more screen accurate components. I can see some tinkering that needs to be done here and there, but I am so overjoyed that this journey has lead me to this approval.

Thank you to all the fantastic and knowledgeable members of FISD for your input, critiques, and absolutely everything else you have provided me during this amazing journey. I see many troops in my future as a proud member of the 501st Legion, and cannot wait to share some good times and joy with those that need it the most.