Fuumantroop's AM armor build

Its a tight squeeze getting it over my forearm(i play bass and am a machinist, so my forearms are bigger than normal), almost bigger than my actual bicep lol! So, here are the pics.

Popeye1.gif

My inner bicep shims were a success! Took off all the clamps, magnets, and painters tape tonight and aside from a little extra E6k here and there, it was awesome! Its like opening a present on christmas morning and not getting socks! No pictures tonight, will save those for after I get my cover strips installed.

I also started taking the return edges off of the wrist side of my forearms during lunch today, again, no pics yet, its been a very late night and long day for me. Back at it tomorrow! Hopefully!

I highly recommend to anyone researching that you do indeed begin with the biceps! I know its been said PLENTY of times from just about all the members with a build thread, but it REALLY does boost confidence for the rest of the armor.

I did have to take quite a bit off for the biceps to fit me perfectly, BUT i was able to use that as my inner shim material without much trimming at all. So, SAVE YOUR TRIMMED ABS!

I will use the spare abs provided with the kit for my outer cover strips however, as they are a little cleaner than my trimmed scraps. I now have PLENTY of abs to make enough abs paste to last me the rest of this build(barring any newbie mistakes I intend to keep to a minimum)

Edited by fuumantroop

That would be a neat function indeed! Perhaps even have a post of the day posted on the main FISD forum too! Although it would be a hassle to keep up with! Maybe a post of the week instead or month. Just a small quote taken from any post, short and sweet

I highly recommend to anyone researching that you do indeed begin with the biceps! I know its been said PLENTY of times from just about all the members with a build thread, but it REALLY does boost confidence for the rest of the armor.

I didnt pay attention.  Started with the forearms and they were brutal, gave up on them and saving them for last.  Then the insident with the two left shins made me a little crazy.

About the ABS, yea if you score a 15mm strip, it will provide for 1 forearm cover strip and 1 bicept. 

I hear ya! TG did awesome taking care of everyone though! Mistakes happen, no biggie. Hopefully my forearms go a little smoother than lol.

Thanks for the tip on the abs!

Decided to hold off on cover strips for the biceps until i get all arm components sized and shimmed. Did some work on the forearms, slightly tapered them as they fit much better at my wrist this way.

First i took off the return edge at the wrist side

04BD01D1-7A78-4BFC-801F-DE846018C3E7.jpg

Then did the trimming and fitting, and this is what I got. I did not have my glove on at the time of the picture, but did test fit it and sized the bicep according to me wrist with the glove on.

397B2894-6C76-499B-8816-B7391CAECED2.jpg

DEFB315C-B162-4E16-B622-4F1C98A4C72E.jpg

And heres a selfie with the bicep and forearm on

18856279-71A7-4D6D-91E6-E65504B4AE99.jpg

I think I will go ahead and trim down the return edge on the inner forearm piece by the inside of my elbow, as I am trying to avoid the oh so loveable armor bite there. Actually got my first one when testing the fit with my bicep on. Definitely not something I would prefer to deal with!

I can squeeze my hand through the wrist side without a TON of pressure, and can also manage to slide the forearms on with my gloves(as i basically bought black rubber gloves that are similar in length to those of dishwashing gloves, but i may trim my glove down a bit)

Did some work

4E5BB999-33ED-4326-B75E-C7B1433056A3.jpg

90B8A736-C54E-49BB-8605-4BFAA0EE943A.jpg

172C3402-AF86-4F85-B45C-85D66E0607AA.jpg

347C9BEA-A99D-4BD4-8B05-3B21648C4C9E.jpg

Also trying to angle the frowns edges

37ACB736-0B53-42FD-B51E-09239EDF61AD.jpg

4647BECA-EAE3-4BA2-B04B-6394BAFA058C.jpg

473FA7C5-D7D6-4297-B803-997FE2C340AB.jpg

I would like to point out that the frown still needs a little touch up, but thats just where i am at right now adjusting it

Comments critisism all very much encouraged :)

Edited by fuumantroop

Inner shims glued on the forearms!

60508AC4-7211-4A09-B3DC-D56AA7A7BC76.jpg

425903E6-0BF4-4A29-B76D-9CE28BBBB186.jpg

Next question, is it best to tackle the shoulder bells AFTER i get my chest and back done? If so, I will probably attack the shins next.

ALSO, is it best to paint this part of the frown as well?

2A9612BC-7CF3-4291-BACF-C7CA4524A4B9.jpg

It does, looks as some have that dimple painted while other skip it and paint the edges. Was looking to see if any one had a recommendation on that

I suppose I can paint that small corner and just leave the dimple white, or would it be best to just go ahead and paint it gray therefore extending the gray to the small point

I used a toothpick to scrape off the excess on the edges. Looks like ill be adding a little paint maybe today. Gotta touch up my vocoder anyhow. As for the armor, im going to a squad mates house saturday to attempt to knock out the trimming at the very least

Thanks David! Still waiting for my blaster stand as well, still gotta touch up my helmet and start digging into my other TK helmet.

Will be doing a lotta trimming to the rest of the armor tomorrow at a squad mates house. Hopefully all I will have left is shims, cover strips, and snaps after that