Fuumantroop's AM armor build

I also figured a TK bucket on our topper is only fitting as ill hopefully be submitting my approval for 501st this year as well.

Its the one thing I was actually allowed to be in charge of, the cake topper lol. Oh, and finances :(

Edited by fuumantroop

With the way the brow trim dips a bit in the middle, the helmet looks sad. :(

The TK's sad for his alter ego cause he's stuck with the finances. Lol

I'm no expert on helmets but centering looks good!

Got the abs paste made and filled some holes. Probably use the lens material included in the AM packaging, possibly doubling it up, at least for this helmet. Just going to try to tape it inside for now since its just for photo ops at the moment.

Also found some left over solar screen material in the garage, looks pretty good for the mesh.

Will start painting tomorrow after work. Ears, teeth, and vocoder all to be painted, and I will be using the decals included for the traps, tears, and tube stripes, as they are made to look hand painted.

Wish I could do more tonight, but after the past couple of days getting everything to align and fitting the ears, I am spent lol.

And will also attempt to paint the aerators tomorrow as well. For those, I will probably use the left over flat black I used on my E-11

Edited by fuumantroop

59CD0C81-8AA1-4257-86C7-4DFAD29B6237.jpg

Front of left ear

8D116161-B370-47BC-B26A-1CEF4E1CE31E.jpg

Front of right ear

5F8DEC82-17D5-42E6-B935-7359AD26BF1C.jpg

Bottom of right ear, didn't quite align perfectly.

I may end up either using putty to close the gaps. Any suggestions?

Im pretty happy how the left side came out, may have to adjust the left just a bit to see if I can get it to line up better. That gap is killing me.

I may try to see if i can even get the left ear to align by loosening the top screw in the ear. That way perhaps some pressure is taken off the tubes.

Its a never ending struggle that I will briefly try to address today after work, or on lunch.

Could I even trim more towards the top of the ear to close the gap?

Please help

Edited by fuumantroop

I think i figured it out. I trimmed a tiny bit on the right side of the ear, brought it down a little, and moved the bottom of the ear back just a bit. Had to redrill that hole, but how does this look?

Front

D88D9D9C-2E1E-4E91-8E63-8A081F449129.jpg

Back

1DBE5A3A-97E0-4928-8128-4143CBC7E842.jpg

And bottom view

8E80E804-7C57-40D9-87D1-F5E544A8D681.jpg

From what I have learned and heard, the cap may be throwing the alignment of the dimples off. Perhaps it is best to drill the dimples on the face and cap, put the middle screws on to hold them together, and then test fit the cap before glueing it onto the back.

Thanks guys! That is really re assuring lol. Looking back at the screen used helmets, the ears didn't seem to fit perfectly flush on the bottom anyways, so we can just say it was on purpose for screen accuracy :)

Looking at the shins briefly, looks like I have duplicates as well. Already contacted MightyTank and it is being resolved.

246FFD39-F1DF-4188-ABBD-C928F26E2305_1.j

Got braver and painted!

C9A60D84-FDA4-42A4-A942-CC7A2884893E.jpg

347441C3-2FC7-41E6-99E9-44B8730ED635.jpg

88A52678-54B1-4546-B33D-49890A601ED8.jpg

Also did the vocoder, and added the decals, will post the pics after I clean up the vocoder in the next day or two. And spray painted the aerators!

I do plan on straightening out the brow, just wanted to get the painting done while I had the time. The ears and alignment gave me a struggle, so thats probably why the brow is low in the middle, nothing a quick adjustment can fix. Will have to make more abs paste to fill in some extra holes I had on this helmet

Steve, I will be doing that today :) just cleaned up the vocoder a bit as well

Edited by fuumantroop