original stormtrooper armor

I don't know where to get all of the links chronicling the history/backstory with Original Stormtrooper armor, but to summarize: For reasons related to a lawsuit, the guy is not allowed to sell his armor in the United States.

I'm sure that someone else will see the title of the post and have a ready-made response which will include the links though. This topic comes up every couple of months, and it always draws attention to itself rather easily. Don't let yourself be drawn in by the "story" behind the armor. The original sculptors were Brian Muir, and Liz Moore. ;)

EDIT: In hindsight, I know that he/it gets an honorable mention here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

Edited by Dark CMF

sure they are ,but why does this armor does not meet 501st standards? is there something wrong with them or its just the stigma ?

They meet base 501st requirements, almost. You'll need to replace the plastic belt with canvas. But for the price you pay for it, you can get so much better stuff that getting it is pretty pointless.

• 1 month later...

sure they are ,but why does this armor does not meet 501st standards? is there something wrong with them or its just the stigma ?

No one has ever said it doesn't meet 501st requirments. All suits can with a bit of modifying. Even Jedirobe can. I've seen many people with SDS armor in the legion some hadn't replaced the plastic belt yet either. I'd rather have people wearing SDS then the ugly FX.

Its mostly the stigma. This guy had a disagreement over what the original contract was, and whether or not he owned the stormtrooper or Lucas did, there was a big legal battle, and I guess the copyright law is different in the UK so he can sell his armor over there but not here I believe.

Yup. Why give money to a bad person?