fuumantroops hasbro e-11 conversion

Couldn't take it anymore so I went ahead and fixed my bolt issue..will add a couple coats to the front of the blaster tomorrow...good thing i used E6k! Looks good now! Pictures to come once its dried up!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed the bolts at the tip! Looks a bit rough, but i think it actually adds to the weathering a bit :)

48F00758-EB05-4101-9713-8B74974AE5CE.jpg

995B96B2-B85D-4C5B-A753-9A19F35136A1.jpg

CA5B8C74-DE78-43B5-97FA-969D983011DE.jpg

Ā 

Now off to Lowes! Will also be looking for some wooden dowels or some other materials to build a stand for this bad boy!

And its done!

3925CD0D-9C56-4C10-9EF3-263EFC76E122.jpg

F5CBD328-F713-48A8-B124-B1943A613E2E.jpg

9E52F4F1-D349-4949-8DD2-2AA2ED24819C_1.j

E17B51C5-2E81-465C-B5F3-98E2DA9430EA.jpg

Whenever i get my TK approved, I will be putting them on the counter. Mainly so it doesn't get mixed up with anyone elses E-11. Thoughts, criticism, suggestions are all welcomed!

Edited by fuumantroop

Looking good. I've been putting troopers numbers on to their counters, nice idea :D

Sure is! That way you can tell its your blaster. I have a plexiglass cover im going to use that just needs to be cut to size. Armor is next though!

Thanks! While i await my armor, i picked up some craft wood from Michaels to make a stand for it as well. Since my woodworking skills aren't all that polished up, and i live in an apartment right now, I bought an "inn keepers" pine plaque sign for the base, a pack of two 1.5"x12" craft wood sticks(.25" thick) , and I have A couple of packs of double wide corner braces i had from a previous project that I will use. Won't be the most spectacular base, but i am aiming for a different method as most that are available to buy look the same.

Edited by fuumantroop

Now that a couple of days have gone by, i am starting to think a clear protective finish wouldn't hurt so it doesn't get destroyed trooping. Suggestions? Ill probably go with rustoleum or krylon.

Small update...i decided to bondo the cracks on my home made blaster stand. Doesn't look like much now, BUT i have a local artist friend who is commishioning a custom paint job off of me. I have bought a lot of his comic book hero and villain art and he is simply amazing! Will be dropping it off to him by the weekend so see what he can stir up for me. He ranges from marvel, to dc, to star wars, and beyond, so i know it will turn out great!

Ā 

Heres the stand now(like i said not much to look at, if i could so it again, i wouldn't have bondo'd but i wanted a cleaner look, as my woodworking abilities are little to none, and i don't have access to the tools required to really branch off)

CBD23561-74B5-447C-A70F-ADE011E16116.jpg

Just a small update, meeting with the artist tonight to drop off the blaster stand. Should be about a week before its completed!

Ā 

Also, any preferances on clear coating the hasbro? I was thinking of a satin clear coat, but would love some advice on the matter. Thanks!

I used a satin clear coat, just stops the weapon getting too much weathering. Nice work on the stand, a bit of sanding and you should be ready for some paint :D

Thats exactly what i am looking to do with the clear coat. I do not want my blaster weathered anymore than it currently is., but don't want it to shine like new either. Hopefully I will pick up some clear coat tomorrow, as I don't have much planned besides catching the World Cup final.

Ā 

Will post concepts of the art work my artist friend has for me whenever he sends them. Instead of a more corporate/standard issue look, I an aiming for a customized look to it. He does excellent work and tends to know exactly what I want without me telling him. Shouldn't be more than a few days before its posted, stay tuned!

Just a small update, meeting with the artist tonight to drop off the blaster stand. Should be about a week before its completed!

Ā 

Also, any preferances on clear coating the hasbro? I was thinking of a satin clear coat, but would love some advice on the matter. Thanks!

Ā 

Ā 

Can't wait to see the final product!

Thanks Kyle! Im actually in the works to providing custom blaster stands with customized paint jobs. Once I move into the house and get the marriage said and done I will begin building stands for sale here, and they WILL look much better than the one I made for myself, as it was really just a fun project to test my limited amount of work room.

Ā 

Ā 

Heres the clear coat I went with, its still drying now, but will be finally completed tomorrow.

Ā 

Ā 

972E20F3-E813-4C5C-8BF6-E139088CE3F7.jpg

I'm currently waiting on my TK Package which is being shipped next week. I have already put my Blaster together. I did something similar with the scope lens; using craftsmen lens to replace both lens. I also had the LED replaced and better batteries exchanged; makes a difference! About the painting: I don't think I will weather mine as much. I was going to ask why you painted the scope gold first then black? For the weathered screws it looks amazing. But I haven't painted my Blaster yet. Should I paint my blaster gray or silver before the initial black? Or is that only for weathering purposes? I may stick with gray for the ejection port. If I wasn't going to weather (new-issued blaster), what type of paint and black should I use? Flat or matte or semi gloss. Any suggestions would be helpful

I used gold to emulate a bronze undercoat as seen in some of the screen accurate blasters, that way when i weathered it it would look more accurate.

Ā 

If your looking to weather at all, a couple of coats of silver before black will help the blaster look more authentic, metal looking once its weathered. Its not a necessity, but if ya want the blaster to look better when its weathered, do silver first, then black.

Ā 

I went with a paint/primer combo of silver before spraying a flat black on my blaster. But that was just my choice.

Ā 

I would highly recommend doing a silver undercoat before painting it black if you plan on doing any weathering at all. The gold is really up to you, but if ya look at screen accurate weathered blasters they do show bronze.

Ā 

Hope this helps!

Awesome thanks. This does help. I'm not so much worried about doing a shoddy paint job, but worried about having too much paint on. Because stripping just doesn't sound fun. But the gold on the scope makes sense. What type of sponge or fabric did you use to make the weathered marks?

I just used some scotch brite, and some 400 grit sandpaper. Mainly used sandpaper, and used the scotchbrite to kinda help clean up a bit

• 2 weeks later...

Blaster and stand are looking very good Andrew, I like how you improvised with the plaque for the stand base, its a nice shape. you might want to prime the stand to check for any major irregularities between the wood and the bondo before getting it spray painted.

Thank you!

Ā 

I am having the stand commissioned for paint. Got confirmation it will be ready this weekend! Will post pics as soon as i get it!

Edited by fuumantroop