fuumantroops hasbro e-11 conversion

Btw, a tip for anyone else watching that hasn't started their build yet...RESIN IS SUPER EASY TO SAND...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.... :)

Luckily i did a couple of test swipes before I tried to dig in on the doopy t tracks. But they're now ready to be applied to the muzzle now. Debating whether I will do it tonight or not.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little work today...hollowed out the front sight..its much easier when the hasbro is opened up.

0A4014F4-0E55-4FC7-B90E-E147B71D9CF7.jpg

53D130D6-FC88-44F9-9AA3-CBEE60D43BA3.jpg

And glued the t tracks

75E3F763-5729-48A6-BC36-E001CD119899.jpg

05A8AC6F-D14E-4428-96C1-2EFEF67B2B86_1.j

Still debating whether or not to glue it together before moving on to painting. My concern is accidentally painting the led in the muzzle.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Going to try to paint tomorrow

Painter's tape!!! I'd put it together, tape off the LED, and let the paint fly.

Looking good man.

Edited by Dark CMF

I thought about that. Gonna try a small strip to cover it up and then tape the hasbro together. Then see if my tweezers are long enough to grab the tape off it. Thanks Tim! It has been a...blast? To put this together! Lol. Will go for a pipe kit next build!

Tested out the painters tape idea..worked like a charm! I call this the origami t mask!

Take two strips of painters tape, and "T" them like this

0323CD84-6029-4200-945B-90B1D5BAE623.jpg

Then place the top of the around the back end of the led while applying most of the pressure towards the front of the bulb, and let the rest of the T cover the rest. I also added a piece of foam to cover the rest of the electronics when I piece the blaster back together permanently.

BA24DD55-B60F-407E-A970-4706E462252A.jpg

When i tested this by just taping the gun back together, it came off with no hassle at all. So i went ahead and did it again, only this time i screwed the blaster halves back together.

With that done, I decided to go ahead and add the rest of the DD kit starting with the front of the scope

7EE0E370-268A-48D2-8299-66A699AB1826.jpg

After, i tackled the D ring and the back of the E-11

2B2D9888-55B1-4B71-9B82-749E174EB289.jpg

Then, the front

DA199A2B-DA6F-4911-AE15-298ED69C0E57.jpg

And finally, the folding stock assembly

BB7D4AEB-0040-4C0E-BB9E-318611C191C7.jpg

While everything is drying up, i used plastic cement this time for the folding stock, and zap a gap for the rest, I am going to bondo the gaps together and hopefully it will be ready for painting tomorrow!!

Its been a lazy Saturday as the weathers been to wet to go out and do anything. Ill have access to a garage tomorrow so painting shouldn't be an issue

Does anyone know the best way to cut a cd with a dremel? Every time i get close to the size i want, the reflective side peels off. It would be nice if that reflective side peeled as a whole but it tears apart and renders it completely useless to me

I just clamped it tight in my fingers and went very slow with the cutting disc, some cd's are better than others ;)

I just clamped it tight in my fingers and went very slow with the cutting disc, some cd's are better than others ;)

The advice so nice, he said it twice! LoL.

Got to love the old double post. ;)

Looking really good. Mother paint should pretty much seal the deal!

Edited by Dark CMF

Lol right! It very well could be the brand of cds i an using. Im wondering if a dvd-r would be more stable. Anyways, I ended up finding some very old disposable cameras while moving some stuff around. I think i am going to use the lens from that for the front of my scope now. Its also a perfect fit with not trimming involved! I still have some time to make up my mind on that one.

I did pick up some gold/brass colored paint for the base layer if my scope at walmart. Going to check on the bondo and see if its dried up enough to paint. Ill post pictures of the paint i decided to go with after lunch.

I apologize for the quality of the pic..but heres the scope after painting and priming, and before the black is applied.

9DC4011C-7589-4B85-A780-EEA2A84A2CEF.jpg

And heres the first coat of black!

37AAF7FA-F163-4E65-8C37-CFC90D89297A.jpg

got 2 coats of the black on....i am seeing too many discrepancies as it seems my bondo-ing skills aren't the greatest!  Looks like I will have to try to wait for the paint to dry a full 24 hours, and attempt to either sand out the imperfections(and hope it actually looks weathered instead)....or just sand them out and attempt to do some touch up painting.....any ideas?  I had a couple of spots of bondo that weren't flush with the blaster and would like to try to address the issue.....mainly under the scope rail at the end of the blaster...was a real pain to sand there initially and was hoping the coats of black would mask them better......I also have a small drip close to the folding stock by the trigger....and some areas that could use more coats of black.....as you can see in the pictures, my scope needs more work...ended up having the gold paint run and I attempted to sand it when it was dry to the touch, but that didn't work to my advantage.....

what are my options to fix these?  I am thinking of just sanding down the imperfections and reapplying a couple of more coats of black.  Found out the hard way I am no master at spray painting

99AC5AA9-186C-49B8-A1D9-91E4FA1B8591.jpg

C6FF0BD6-FFE0-4AE3-B982-03ED4666B4B3.jpg

Found 2 spots i missed with black completely...other than that after re examining my bondo use...i was able to blend them through weathering..will post pics after work

Looking good, you will find that when you add some weathering most of the dodgey bondo sections won't really be an issue. When weathering just think of how you hold, lay down and have in your holster, anywhere it would get rubbed on. Some don't like to weather the T Tracks as they should have been black plastic but I like to see some silver worn away around the barrel. Keep up the good work :D

Thanks! And after looking at it in the light, i did see that it was just me whining that it wasn't good enough. I did some light weathering during lunch today and it looked awesome! Right now i did a little touch up, paying most attention to the spots i completely missed with black. First coat looked great! Just applied my second coat, and also resprayed the areas that weren't dry enough when i weathered at lunch. Hoping for better pictures tomorrow as we don't have much sun left today. Ill have to grab a silver paint marker to finish up the bolt and cut out a small piece of plastic to make it cleaner :) i can't wait to take the tape off the led to see the result!

I did find one more goof up..but I can live with it..since this will be my primary trooping E-11 anyways...i didn't install the front bolts on the tip correctly..doh! They just aren't flush with the tip, but no matter. Not like the public will realize it. Anyways, the blaster looks great now! Its drying up now and I will begin weathering it a bit more tomorrow.

Today i did install a hopefully newly original idea on the front of my scope :) . Basically took a small piece of a cd i to cut, dremmeled it down, glued it into the scope, and then I added the lens off an old disposable camera to put in front of if. I think it looks good and turned out better than I envisioned! Just had the idea pop into my head while looking at my suppliesand my scraps(always keep your scraps until your completely done!)! Of course i borrowed the CD idea and camera lens off other builds on FISD individually, but haven't seen the two combined until now. Correct me if im wrong as I am overjoyed this worked out for me!

Disposable camera Lens and dremmeled piece of a cd

0D78CCD6-E54B-441B-AB6B-B2DF7AF34548.jpg

Heres the final result along with some weathering I did using 400 grit aluminum oxide sandpaper and some scotchbrite(i am only using my ifun 5 as a camera as I found out my digital was dead, the lens looks a lot better in person! I will try to take better pics tomorrow while theres light outside)

305FF983-5EF0-4A41-88B1-8EFF2F39C7B8.jpg

Heres the back of the scope...i used some foam i got from work to fill the inside of the scope so i could place the decal where I wanted(about 1" away from the end)...ended up using a 1" decal as the magnifying lens i used for the scope obviously magnified the decal, who wudda thunk it! :) again ill take better pictures when i have the time and my digi is all charged up(remember, i made the scope to where i could easily take out the decal and replace it if i wanted, i used NO glue or adhesive at all)

6D3AA684-1340-4CEA-9A93-C46333511E58.jpg

11D805CB-536D-4666-9672-A55AD1212922_1.j

5E054F17-A590-4545-AF8D-E61CC02E1E6E.jpg

And some more weathering

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-10.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

I intend to add counter numbers once i hopefully get approved after my armor built..ill be using my TK number when the time comes. I also may take the bolt heads off the resin piece and dremel the rest out and reinstall them for accuracy when the time comes.

Thanks for looking! Comments, critisism, or questions all welcome!

This has been a BLAST to build!

And yes i am going to paint the bolt silver..just havent gotten to the store just yet

lmfao you read my mind. the build is looking great! nice job!

did you remove the screw from the scope? like dremel it out so the scope "tape" fits in without glue like you said?

lmfao you read my mind. the build is looking great! nice job!

did you remove the screw from the scope? like dremel it out so the scope "tape" fits in without glue like you said?

Lol i knew someone would point that out so i figured I would answer ahead of time. Thanks!

Yes I did dremel out the screw, but only on the back of the scope. I ended up having to cut my phone charger O ring a tad bit smaller to make up for the layers of paint as well, but it fit a lot better when i was done. The lens fits a little too tightly, so I may end up dremmeling just a hair off it to snug it inside the o ring completely. As it sits now, its only about 3/4 inside the o ring, but also is a little tough to get out. I kept the rest of the charger just incase i end up dinging it up too badly when i feel like taking it apart. Basically just minor adjustments that i probably shouldn't even bother with. But the foam on the inside is the key to having the decal sit flush inside the scope, and right before the beginning of the tape roll. I really didn't want to glue anything, for ease of changing out the decal, so I am happy with it. I gave it a couple of test "shakes" to see if anything came off or loosened, and nothing even budged. This way, i can even save the decal when i replace it, so I don't have to print out new ones every time I want to put and old one back in the scope.

I was also doing a bit of brainstorming on the idea of printing out just the TK crosshair decal on a transparency sheet, adding it directly behind the lens, and then adding whatever character or decal I wanted within the scope. That way I have free range on my choice of characters, instead of being limited to whatever was already available that included a crosshair over the image.

But that may be a future endeavor. I hope my ideas bring somewhat of a new outlook on modding the simplest parts of the E-11. After all, troopers helping troopers :)

One more thing David, I painted the tape roll separately from the original hasbro scope end..i also put a little bit of bondo to fill some of that cut out on the outside of the scope, but not all the way to the end..i sanded it flush with the scope before painting..by painting the scope and tape rolls separately, it allowed a better fit without glue...

I did some work on the bolt detail, sanded a little and glued a small strip of plastic similar to one found on an action figure box, then cut it to size before glueing...ill be running errands tomorrow and getting our marriage certificates ready for our wedding..ill pick up a silver paint marker while i am out to finish the detailing...

If theres time, i may go ahead and fix my bolt issue..the more i look at it, the more its bugging me.

Edited by fuumantroop