AP TD End Caps Help.

On my Thermal detonator, it came untrimmed when it arrived. I trimmed both end caps and outing for the canister. After having it fully put together, I came across the whole TD being too long. Has anyone ran into this problem? was I supposed to trim the tube a little? Now the end caps do look a little funky, maybe had trimmed too much off of them.

Here it is.

qXfJdeQ.jpg

NSLY9EJ.jpg

There is a little visual deception here. According to your measurement, you are only 1/8 inch long which is no big deal. You need to remember that the AP thermal detonator is a smaller diameter than the screen used one by almost 1/4 inch. Yours will look longer for this reason. What I would concern myself with is getting your clips properly positioned to the end caps with close to no gap.

Thanks guys. It's 2mm over 7 1/2inches. I'm going to chim 1 mm off both side of the pipe. Then move the clips to right by the ends caps.

Thanks

Brenton

Edited by Mickey Mouse

There is a little visual deception here... You need to remember that the AP thermal detonator is a smaller diameter than the screen used one by almost 1/4 inch.

All I hear in my head is Vector from Despicable Me:  "CURSE YOU, TINY TD!"

• 2 weeks later...