My Hasbro ANH E11 Blaster Build... Please don't let me screw it up!

Zarlon

The joy is in the journey..  At least that's what I told myself throughout my entire E-11 build - right up until my armor arrived.  Once those brown boxes arrived, the joy became in the idea of trooping.

You're really doing some nice work with that Hasbro conversion, and a great job of sharing the info and steps so that others can benefit from it, too!

Edited by Dark CMF

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The joy is in the journey..  At least that's what I told myself throughout my entire E-11 build - right up until my armor arrived.  Once those brown boxes arrived, the joy became in the idea of trooping.

You're really doing some nice work with that Hasbro conversion, and a great job of sharing the info and steps so that others can benefit from it, too!

I've been enjoying your armor build as well. It gives me something to look forward to!

Patience, xacto knife, and a small flathead screwdriver...if ya end up having minor cracks you'll be okay..just bondo them in when your ready to put the hasbro back together

How the hell did u take apart the gun without breaking it lol. The glue is killing me and I don't want to break the gun lol

As Andrew said, it is just a matter of patience. It takes a while but it does come apart eventually.

I reccomend bondo glazing and spot putty for repairs and filling the holes...my advice, do at least two coats of it before moving on to painting

thanks. gentle is not necessarily the way to go. after i cut through the glue on the scope rack it came apart with slight muscle, but i got it open. lol. no damage was done. and electronics still work :)

Well I finally got some time to continue working on this build. I'm getting close to the painting stage but first I have a lot of sanding to do...

qXxUeDL.jpg

After the sanding it was time to try my hand at using Bondo. Let me tell you that this stuff:

1. Stinks

2. Is messy

3. Makes me realize that I am not an artist!

YbPKghi.jpg

mPUSlWn.jpg

tCXE4BO.jpg

SKrUzeN.jpg

As you can tell I used a lot of Bondo which of course means a lot of sanding once it finally dried.

2pFxy9a.jpg

K021OLp.jpg

Up next ....time to start using the lovely E6000.

I agree, bondo is not the funnest to work with lol. Just remember, even if the sanding is not perfect, more than likely it can be masked by weathering! The wise words of Glen lol.

I agree, bondo is not the funnest to work with lol. Just remember, even if the sanding is not perfect, more than likely it can be masked by weathering! The wise words of Glen lol.

I think my blaster is going to be very weathered :)

So I was able to get some more work done tonight so it was time to break out the E6000. I didn't have any rubber bands so I gave in and used the painters tape. Hopefully everything holds overnight.

xEaiaZI.jpg

foQwvB4.jpg

oSfZq7g.jpg

I still have to glue the front end on but I need to try and find the bolts for the front of it. Anybody have an idea as to what size bolt I should be looking for? 

Awesome sir! Ya planning on dremmeling out the front sight? Its not as big of a pain as it seems :)

I think so. I'm still trying to decide what to do with the scope. I like the empty tape roll idea for the back but I'm having trouble cutting a good circle.

Looking good, Kyle!!

Thanks Tim! so far I haven't screwed it up as bad as I thought I might :) Its really been a lot of fun!

I got some more work done tonight because I'm on a roll and don't want to stop.

I was able to find some bolts for the front end at Home Depot  during lunch today and spent the first part of the evening using the Dremmel to cut the head off of the bolts. It was fun to let the sparks fly!

u9hpx4E.jpg

After quite a while of cutting I finally got both of the bolt heads off.

JHs8PVv.jpg

After the cutting comes the gluing....and now the waiting. It takes forever for this stuff to dry!

XDEduGc.jpg

I finished off the night by gluing the handle in place and once again holding it with painters tape.

xIcrnKp.jpg

After everything dries tomorrow I'll be ready to start painting.  I guess I need to decide what I'm going to do about the scope.

Don't forget to dremel out the tip so the bolts sit flush on the barrel. :) just speaking from experience lol

Yes sir...I finished that part last night. Tonight I'm going to work on the scope and try to get some painting done.

Well I decided to go with the tape holder scope. I found a black cable to cut up for the outer ring (thanks Fuumantroop!) and I went to Michaels and bought a plastic sheet of magnifying glass.

0AMJQId.jpg

Hvxowvp.jpg

( I was able to get that overlap on the cord out)

I have to say that trying to cut a perfect circle was a pain in the butt! 

CuLn4vA.jpg

I'm going to try and carefully glue the magnifying glass material into the tape tube once I get it painted.

There ya go! And yes free handing a circle is tougher than it seems for sure! Wish I would have thought about magnifying sheets! Good pick up sir!