Trouble identifying shoulders...

Hi there. I have a TupperwareTK NE kit and I'm having trouble identifying the shoulders.  In this photo, you can see that with the shoulder on the left, the ridge line tapers slightly at the top.  Is this a marker I can use to properly identify left from right?

14071456015_6e299cf5ab_q.jpgIMAG5126 by bobby_whalen, on Flickr

Please help.  Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried numerous times to search for an answer in the forums, but the search functionality is not cooperating.  So, I apologize if there is already a thread about this....

For the shoulder bells there is no clear right way to wear them, but to me there's one which makes them closing better in the front. I find that they close better when the more rounded side of the shoulder bell is facing the front, like the trooper below:

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Okay, thanks. With this NE armor I think I am going to have to reshape and possibly trim my shoulders. Currently, when I hold them up they seem too bulbous. In the reference pic, the shoulder bells conform nicely to the Trooper's body. Mine have a gap between my body and the inside of the bell...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Could you post a picture of just the shoulder bells? If it doesn't fit snug maybe there might be return edges that need to be trimmed. Don't do any cutting yet and let's take a closer look at the shoulder bells first :)

Here are a bunch of pictures. There is a slight return edge, but I feel the main reason it is bulging is the the shape of the part vs. the shape of my shoulder. I'm 5'8" 197lbs. This armor is made for bigger guys. My neck is over 17 inches. That sort of puts me in that category... I'm just not post-13481-139887544298_thumb.jpgsure why I can't get the bells to "sit" lower on my shoulders...

On 5/1/2014 at 12:30 AM, BobbyFromBUF said:
This armor is made for bigger guys.

No it's not. It's a recast of RS and RS (being cast of an original suit) is made for slim people. Only the thighs are larger than normal, and they came from the AM kit.

On 5/1/2014 at 12:31 AM, BobbyFromBUF said:

--------------

Left shoulder bell is on the right in the picture.

gallery_14191_18_116080.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I was under the impression that NE is a larger set of armor... PandaTrooper mentions the size as being "big" throughout his build thread. Now I'm feeling really confused :-/

NE and AM is not the same armour.

Hmm ok. Maybe I don't have an NE Kit then... My mind was just blown away!!!

Well, to clarify. My armor is from TupperwareTK. It was sort of new still when I made the purchase. Between being scared about cutting the plastic and life getting in the way my armor has been sitting on my workbench for nearly a year...

So, I have reading NE threads all along... I need to search AM?

Wow, I feel like I just reached a turning point in my life, haha... Thanks for helping me realize my blunder!

Edited by BobbyFromBUF

As Mathias says, your armor is certainly not an AM but clearly a NE.

Also, trying to fit the shoulder bell without the whole torso put on, and without the strap which goes around the biceps, won't reflect the final fit. 

Hi there. I have a TupperwareTK NE kit and I'm having trouble identifying the shoulders.  In this photo, you can see that with the shoulder on the left, the ridge line tapers slightly at the top.  Is this a marker I can use to properly identify left from right?

14071456015_6e299cf5ab_q.jpgIMAG5126 by bobby_whalen, on Flickr

Please help.  Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried numerous times to search for an answer in the forums, but the search functionality is not cooperating.  So, I apologize if there is already a thread about this....

The Bell with the big flare at the bottom should go on your left shoulder.

As Mathias says, your armor is certainly not an AM but clearly a NE.

Also, trying to fit the shoulder bell without the whole torso put on, and without the strap which goes around the biceps, won't reflect the final fit. 

Thanks, good tip. I'll be sure to wait until the chest is finished before I do any cutting.

Hi again. I reached out to Ward from Tupperware TK and he confirmed that my armor is an NE.  With that settled, and my new found clarity about the size of my armor I am hoping my build can move forward.  

On the subject of shoulders.  Wow, mine seem huge!  Has anyone out there solved this already?  Take a look...

14067492556_dac121f402_q.jpgIMAG5172 by bobby_whalen, on Flickr

14087472812_a477141baf_q.jpgIMAG5171 by bobby_whalen, on Flickr

Also, I have realized that part of the problem is that the upper back is not the proper shape to fit me.  At 5'8" 197lbs I am sort of stocky and barrel chested.  Using some great suggestions I have fit my armor together from the "cod up" so-to-speak.  It seems as though I may need to do a bit of reshaping on the top of the upper back to give me the length I need.  This will ensure that upper back and kidney portions match up...  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

14087386231_077ba087e6_q.jpgIMAG5162 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/25333013@N04/]