So it begins...

Don't jump the gun just yet.. I do not have any materials in hand just yet, but things are on order. My armor kit will be about 4 months.  I recently got the last doopydoos e-11 kit and should have that shortly.  Hopefully I at least have the in time for a few of the armor parties coming up in my area.  In the meantime, should I be getting any other misc parts or tools?  Building a Novatrooper Medic costume.

Aaron

Others can answer this better, but definitely -- you'll need to source all your 'soft parts' and accessories.  Boots, holster, belt, etc.  

You'll need whatever tools are necessary -- clamps, glue, tools to cut your plastic.  I haven't hit this part yet.

My doopydoos is going very slowly.  You'll also need a spring and aluminum for the top rail; as well as hardware and tools for any modifications that you want to -- and there are so many different mods on the forums here it can get demoralizing. :-)   Apoxie sculpt (for patching holes), clamps, rubber bands, socket head screws, a hacksaw, E6000 glue, a vise and a dremel have been my purchases to date on that project.  Having access to a drill press would also be very helpful for mods.

Hope this helps!

Hello, looks like you have things well in hand, looking forward to a build thread soon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alright, so I'm about to glue together my arms/legs (not literally) and since I'm skinny enough and the armor seems to allow for it and still fit, can I overlap the armor and glue and forego the cover strips? If I leave them out and butted up, there is way too much space between plastic and skin.

I'll take pics later when I have better light so you can see what I mean

Also, sorry about the lack of pictures throughout my build. I'm really bad at remembering to do it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You need to cut down the armor to fit you... Go down to the build thread sections (under each movie's title forum) and read through the build threads for your armor maker... and then read all the rest too.  (:

Unless you're making a RotJ set, you really don't want to do the overlap method, and your armor would be made with that in mind, if you did.

Oh, you're building a TX... that makes more sense.  The CRL for them is waaaaaay more open than the TK one.  (:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_novatrooper_medic

As long as the pieces that need to be fully closed are, it doesn't matter for you how you make them.

What kit is that?  I'm pretty new around here, so haven't seen them all... but I don't think I've seen forearms with that much of a ridge on the sides between the front and back.

Ahhh!  OK, on the vetted armor maker list, it says this under the T/MC:

Assembly: Seams are overlapping joints making it a reasonably easy build, though one can use finishing strips instead.

So yeah, you're supposed to use the overlap method.  (:  Carry on!

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  This whole process is very new to me.  You would think with having this much information from the forums would be helpful, but it's literally TOO MUCH information.  The simple, straight to the point answers are what is really helpful to me right now, thanks!