Thigh sizing

How tight/loose should the thigh armor fit? I'm 5'10" and weight about 170. I have pretty skinny legs. But even so, I trimmed my AT A thighs down keeping the front at the recommended 7/8 inch 20mm width. But the back feels tight at the top if I use the same. Right now I am trimmed down to about 1 1/4 in the back. Seems comfortable but I know the thighs will round out more after they are glued so they might loosen up. Is there a good rule of thumb on sizing?

I'm lucky I am about the right size for the ATA so I used the minimum cover strips. There is no maximum size allowed for cover strips but usually if you need to go bigger then try to keep the fronts at normal size and increase the rear cover strips ;)

That's why I left the back a bit larger just in case, and it turns out I may need it. Its more a question of how the thigh pieces should fit. Are they supposed to fit snug? Should there be a lot of room? I know its comfort more than anything else, but just asking to see if there is a general rule of thumb.