My attempt at a modded Hasbro/Doopy conversion

Frank4vt

Hey guys! Just wanted to post a few pics of my recent Hasbro/Doopy conversion. I modded it quite a bit, and I'm really happy with it. I'm actually kinda sad that it's done, I looked forward to getting home from work and tinkering with it. I also got my Darman holster today, and it fits great!! Thanks for all the tutorials and build threads guys, they were a godsend. Hope you all like it!

Pretty standard on this side. I decided not to add wires yet. Maybe in the future.

lL1ET9J.jpg

Added aluminum scope rail, detail to the bolt, and blowback shield on the first barrel hole

TQZVh5I.jpg

Made lenses for the scope

3B5DSuf.jpg

Open row of holes on mag side

IoDa0AH.jpg

I drilled all the rows of holes and made my own t-track out of a gutter guard from Lowe's

OnSJVsc.jpg

D-ring and scope lens. Gonna add counter numbers too

HEu81fO.jpg

And the obligatory front shot. Hollowed the sight, added real bolt heads, left the electronics in for the kiddos.

mHqUpPP.jpg

It was a blast building this thing. It'll do for now, maybe one day I'll tackle a full resin build. Guess I'm done building for a while, my armor isn't supposed to be ready til late summer. Thanks again for all the help guys! Troopers helping troopers at its best!

• 3 months later...

Excellent work! Not too much and not too little! Where did ya get the lenses for the scope btw? Im gameplanning my hasbro build right now

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of toy binoculars at our local Dollar Tree and used the lenses. I had to dremel a bit of the circumference to make them fit, and I lightly scratched them up with some 800 grit sandpaper. Can't beat that for a buck!! :D

Oh nice! I had an old disposable camera that i took apart and am using the main lens. Fits almost perfectly with no cutting required and looks kinda cool! Ill post pictures once my build is done

looks great. nice job.

I may do the same with the t tracks as well.

as far as the scope rail. what did you use to do that. Clearly you completely removed the old rail and then put a whole new one.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, David, I cut the stock plastic rail off and made an aluminum rail out of 1" x 1/8" thick flat bar. I just eyeballed the width I wanted, measured from the block under the scope to the rear sight, cut my piece & bent the rear of it over the rear sight and hollowed out a slit under the scope for the front. You can get like a 3 foot piece of alum. flat bar at Lowe's for about 7 bucks. I used the rest for my T-Det clips :duim: