helmet neck rubber

Hi guys

please forgive me if this has already been bought up (I did look but couldn't find my answer)

I'd like to know if anyone here attaches the the helmet neck rubber with glue of just slips it over the 'plastic' leaving it 'free'.

Just wanted to get an idea of who does what and whats the best solution

thanks

Jay

I just put it on without any glues/adhesives. It holds very well, depending which one you have. The NE one is VERY thick and hard to get on, but once its on, its very secure. The ATA and Trooperbay ones are not as heavyweight, but they also stay on well without any glues/adhesives. I had an AP helmet kit in 2008 and the rubber trim didnt always stay on so i think i had dabbed a bit of superglue to hold it. Dont know if they use the same trim anymore though. Haven't had much experience with any others.

Lou speaks the truth. Whichever "S" trim you go with will hold if installed correctly. The key is to really compress the trim from the sides to the center by sliding each side towards your seam area. Once you you have done that, make sure you cut it with at least 1/4-3/8 inch overlap so that the connection is compressed as well. This compression forces the rubber outward and keeps it in place.