Wearing for the first

Cadger

I tried the armor on for the first time yesterday. This is an AP suit. First I need to get basic approval so I can join the ranks. But I hope to aim for EIB later.

I am 173 cm tall. I don't think the fit is to bad, but it takes a trained eye to see the details. So I really appreciate your comments on this.

This is my list so far:

- Fix butt plate (you can see it sticking out on my right). I've already made a thread on that.
- I need gloves. I have short fingers. The ones I got is too big.
- Pull in the shoulder blades a couple of cm

- Raise the forearms. put some padding in to make them "stick"

I'm also wondering about the gap beetween the kidney plate and front piece seen on the side photo. Is this gap ok? I've seen some with a strip of armor beetween the pieces.

And should the breast plate and back plate be connected on the sides, just above the kidney plate?

post-18907-0-21271900-1391954175_thumb.jpg

post-18907-0-32841500-1391954180_thumb.jpg

post-18907-0-52180000-1391954185_thumb.jpg

A good start. Ā I think you can solve a few problems with the use of some foam padding in the butt & back to make them more vertically aligned. Ā I also put a back strap around my wait connecting the fronts of my butt plate to bring them in more. Ā Also, drop the biceps more. Ā They should float down your armor and not be covered so much by your shoulder bells. Ā Your thighs also need some adjusting (one is higher than the other), and your shoulder straps can be moved down a few notches in front.

Ā 

All par for the course. Ā Mine looked similar at one point (I'm 6'0) and it took several tries and as I said some padding to get it to sit right.

Nice start!Ā 

Ā 

The arm issue should be an easy fix if you use the very handy and screen accurate 2" black elastic from bicep to forearm. This should give the forearm the needed lift and at the same time lower the biceps to the correct placement.Ā 

Ā 

Good luck with the mods :)

This is the strap Adam is talking about:

--------------

Ā 

And i can't recommand you enought to do the same! Essential strap IMO

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks for the advice on the arms. I'll put that strap in. But I'm in the need for some ABS pieces I can use to glue down some snaps. Does any one have som scrap ABS pieces for me? I will of course pay a couple of bucks for it, plus postage.