E11 Paint & Weathering?

A Master Builder

Hey Guys,

My Full Resin Doopy Doo is coming to a close on the many mods I put into it.

About to start painting this weekend, but before I do, what exactly should I do first?

My approach is to put grey primer on the entire blaster, then add a round of flat black onto the entire blaster as well.

After that, I was going to mask the t tracks, sight rail, scope, and grip.

Once masked, add the Rusteulm Hammered black to give it the texture.

Take the masking tape and add gloss black to the t tracks sight rail, scope, and grip.

Then take a brush with some gunmetal paint to add weathering to the gun and bronze rust paint to add to the scope for weathering.

Is this a great approach?  I wanna hear your suggestions :)

Thanks,

Brenton

gallery_12157_40_21052.jpgThat sounds like a lot of masking for things that I am not so sure should be gloss black. I agree about your approach right up to the masking of all the different parts. I would do the hammered paint to everything except the grip. Then top it with a satin top coat. Then you could mask off the grip and hit that with the gloss black to make it stand out more. Pick up some silver to paint the area surrounding the trigger. Whatever you do, make sure to wipe the blaster down with a mild detergent or mineral spirits to get all traces of mold release and hand oils off before painting.

Thanks guys for the support. 

Steve, this is what Vern told me to do, but hey people do it differently. I just came back from the hobby store, I purchased

Testors: Spray Can Bronze, Testors: Gun Metal Paint, and Testors: Steel Paint. 

The Paint I already have is "Hammered" Black, Grey Primer Paint, Satin Black Paint, and Gloss Black Paint.