What are the correct dimensions of the ANH belt? (ABS PART)

I am in the process of making the belt of the MTK armor more accurate. I can see that my current belt is too small. I have come up with a new sized belt, but it seems like its too large. Has anyone else looked into this recently? When I was at Comic-Con last year I checked out the eFX armor that was on display and came up with what I think are pretty close numbers. If you know the box sizes, overall width and length, could you please PM me so I can compare the measurements to my current buck? Thank you! :)

Edited by MTK

Mike: If you are going through the effort to make anew belt, I would redesign the rivet/button covers. I know RS just vacuforms over a dime to make his. Just may have to get one of these new ones to replace my ATA.

Well here is the formed piece.

I think it looks pretty close. :)

Probably need to trim the top and bottom a couple of millimeters still...

Thanks for your opinions and advice! :)

eAKv0tN.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

when you compare the AP belt with the cap belt or the ATA belt I have noticed quite a bit of difference.

perhaps an RS props owner can chime in and give you the correct size.

I'm glad you're taking the steps to upgrade this... it's one of those things I noticed right away on the ATA.

dimes are the way to go for belt covers~! woot!

I know it is miniscule....RS uses dimes (English) and TM uses something smaller but not a coin. Pennies might be too large but they look GREAT!!!!! Can you send me one?

I have an RS belt here if you want the dimentions

Little update. Today I went after it again since I am pulling armor anyway. I talked with a few people last weekend and made some adjustments. First, i rounded the corners a bit to be more accurate. I also shaved the height of the boxes down to about 7/8 of an inch. Lastly I rounded off the base of the buck to make de-molding a little easier. The end result looks great and I am using the new buck from now on :)

noOeN7I.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 10 months later...