Which Armor set up should I build?

This may seem like a very juvenile question... But I want to get the opinions of experienced members. I'm about to start constructing my armor, and have seen several people with the ANH look and several with ROTJ. I know there are differences, and quite frankly love them both...

So which direction should I go?

The obvious answer would be whichever one you like the most. But ANH and ESB are definitely easier to make, at least when it comes to getting an accurate blaster to finish the look.

There are several differences between them.

Here are some typical blasters (some are fan made, for lacking time to find pictures of originals):

ANH

YQqZuWs.jpg

ESB

QIUfGXw.jpg

ROTJ

gallery_12157_44_6847.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Welcome to the FISD, Hunter!  Just curious, but since you say you're about to start constructing... have you already purchased an armor kit?   ANH and ESB stormtroopers are the made using the same armor kits and helmets, with only a few differences in parts and paint.  ROTJ is an entirely different armor and helmet kit altogether.   (Veterans, please correct me if I'm wrong.  :salute: )

Good luck on your build! 

Edited by RainTrooper

Greetings Hunter, and welcome to FISD!!!

RainTrooper touched on some very good points, namely - have you already purchased armor.

Aside from that, I've seen some other people with similar questions answered this way: When you think of the Stormtroopers and your desire to become one... What scene from the trilogy is it that you see in your mind. Do you see formations of TKs in the hangar bay on the second Death Star, waiting for the arrival of the Emperor? Do you see the TKs shooting their way into the hallways of the Tantive IV? Do you see the TDs stopping the landspeeder in the streets of Mos Eisley? Which scene is it that turns your mind to the thought of becoming a stormtrooper? What are your favorite scenes involving them?

Ultimately, whichever movie version you decide to build is a purely personal choice, and your reason for choosing it is equally personal but no matter which you decide upon, you will find answers and help here within the forums of the FISD.

Congratulations, you've taken your first step into a larger world!

Edited by Dark CMF

Thanks for the tips and loads of information.

RainTrooper and Dark CMF, I've ordered the AP armor, I wasn't aware that the armor designs were different, I was just under the impression that some of the painting and decals were different. Seriously I'm glad I asked you guys, I'm trying to just be a sponge and absorb as much information as I can to get this done correctly.

AP is usually made into ANH or ESB and sort of designed for it, but it is easier turning it into a ROTJ than many other "brands". Most armour is derived from a ROTJ suit, and then modified to look more like ANH (before sold to you), but out of all those versions, AP is the least modified, which makes it easier than the others to go ROTJ with. Although you'll need to get a different helmet if you choose to go ROTJ.