Big brown box has arrived!

7 days after my order, here she is! Tonight I have a dinner with friends and co-workers buy tomorrow I'm unboxing and building! Stay tune for a build up post and i'll sure need some advice from the more experienced Troopers here! It's going to be a Stunt and i'll do my best to make it Centurion straight away, why not? ;) 
post-19836-138636924143_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by Rawgee

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck with the build, there are lots of NE threads on the forum to follow, remember the old saying measure twice and cut once ;)

Good luck with the build, there are lots of NE threads on the forum to follow, remember the old saying measure twice and cut once ;)

Yes thanks! I'm just not sure which built to choose, what are the big differences between Stunt and Hero?

Edited by Rawgee

Main diferences are here in the CRL's

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Helmet is the main difference, Hero have 3 teeth per side, Stunt 4 teeth per side. I you you want to build a hero you have to either fill in the extra holes or heat and push them out. Also ears are different 3 bumps not 4 and screws retaining the ears have only 2 screws, stunt have 3. Bubble green lenses on the Hero and flat grean on the Stunt. I have my hero set up wit the grappling hook, box and comlink but this is not a requirement for basic approval, also hand plates are different but not a requirement. Holster attached with 4 rivets on Hero, only 2 with stunt.

Make sure you spend some time researching each version, also study EIB and Centurion approvals for each as they go the extra mile in the details :D

Main diferences are here in the CRL's

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Helmet is the main difference, Hero have 3 teeth per side, Stunt 4 teeth per side. I you you want to build a hero you have to either fill in the extra holes or heat and push them out. Also ears are different 3 bumps not 4 and screws retaining the ears have only 2 screws, stunt have 3. Bubble green lenses on the Hero and flat grean on the Stunt. I have my hero set up wit the grappling hook, box and comlink but this is not a requirement for basic approval, also hand plates are different but not a requirement. Holster attached with 4 rivets on Hero, only 2 with stunt.

Make sure you spend some time researching each version, also study EIB and Centurion approvals for each as they go the extra mile in the details  :D

Thanks Glen, 

Ok so that tells me that i will built a Stunt version (i only have parts for a stunt version) but i would like to go for Centurion.  First of all in the CRL's it says that overlap construction is not allowed... Do the right way is to fit both pieces together and add a cover strip on each joint and glue them? Cover strip hiding the joint? 

Thanks again Glen, seconds before you posted this i came across the tutorials section of the website with the answer i was looking for... I should've dig a bit more before asking... But my problem is mainly the language barrier, some of the terms used  i cannot understand... But i'll get through it! ;) 

So this is my first forearm (right), am i on the right path? I used what was left from the cover strips to strengthen the joint and i glued it inside. I trimmed all of the return edges, is that ok and will that be acceptable for Centurion? I'm having so much fun right now, i hope i did not screw up?

DSC_0036.jpgDSC_0037.jpgDSC_0038-1.jpgDSC_0039.jpgDSC_0040-1.jpgDSC_0041.jpg

Martin.

Edited by Rawgee

Looks good so far. Having no return edges won't prevent you from getting Centurion, in fact having none at the bottom of the forearms is required ;). Removing the one on top of the inner half helps preventing armor bits so it's a good thing to remove it. You could just have left some on top of the outer half.

The shape of the top opening isn't a problem to me, and if it becomes one you could still reshape it with boiling water or using an heatgun (carefully though).

Keep that cadence and the armor will be finished soon :duim:   

My forearms where both different I applied a little heat and squashed one of them to get the same round appearance, coming along nicely. Just remember research is the key to building armor, if your not sure then don't cut :D

Here are a few others pictures. I've complete both of my forearms, i'm happy with the result, it could be better but for a first timer i think i handled myself not so bad. The only thing that bothers me is my left forearm, i've made my cuts very straight but i should've give it an angle because its a bit loose around my wrist. I included some pic of my Dremel tool because i think this thing is awesome, all of my inner curves were done with this tool, it was so easy and precise! About to get started on the biceps!

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0069-1.jpg

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Great start so far! Hope you're having fun. :)

I was not expecting to have fun doing this but wow! I like it a lot! It was hard getting started, figuring which part was left and right etc... But when i did my first cut i said to myself okay this is going to be fun! Ok i'll be back later, biceps are waiting for me! :P

Looking good!

I'm taking note of all of the sequencing that you have stated in your build so far.  Looks like the start of a great build thread.  Thanks for the detailed notes and good questions.

Looking good!

I'm taking note of all of the sequencing that you have stated in your build so far. Looks like the start of a great build thread. Thanks for the detailed notes and good questions.

The forearms seemed to me like the easiest to start with, depends on which armor you're buying I suppose... Thanks for the great words man, I think there is some way better build thread then mine on these boards but thanks, ill try and do my best to help future Troopers!

Ok so now on to the biceps. The NE armor has a weird curve in the biceps, not natural... Should I leave it like that (Redforce picture as reference) or should I cut and even it, that means I would have to get rid of the return edge... What do you guys think, any ideas? I feel like I should leave the return edge...

post-19836-138656872271_thumb.jpg

I took the return edge off of the bottom of my biceps.  Several people told me it's not needed and it will dig into your biceps constantly.

I personally was considering keeping the curve at the bottom.  I will be interested to hear what others have to say about it.