5000 posts and a thanks to all!

TK bondservnt

Hello troops!

I have quite a few things to share in this post, while I take a small break from building 4 suits of armor 2 blasters and ton's of other stuff that's brewing in my workshop.

Being a part of this group of people has been one of the high points in my life, at 52 I'm still learning about the film that

changed me as a person.

In 1972 I started in Star Trek costuming, but more about that later. In 1976 I was involved in wearing costumes for Logan's Run.  I had 2 costumes made from that film and I even replicated the torn up version  in Logn's Run costuming and was fortunate enough to meet one of the original authors. George Clayton Johnson.

Costuming actually started much longer in the past even than that as I did a mirror mirror kirk style costume in the beginning of my childhood where I was able to go to conventions at a very early age.  Most kids were amazed at special effects, and acting and costuming, back in the days of printed fanzines, sci-fi clubs, and even Star Trek Starship clubs started being created, almost like an early version of the 501st legion, as we all were involved in some way to study art and entertainment.

I even had an ELVIS costume and saw him perform wearing my costume in the audience.  This was when he was in his prime in Las Vegas, where I lived as a kid.  We owned 7 Music stores back in those days.

Star Wars Costuming has been a passion of mine since those early days, and when I was in School back in those days I was

trying to sculpt Armor, and tried to make some blasters.

Many years went by and now we have the most accurate and complete understanding of the Stormtrooper that we've ever had as a group, and I'm glad to be here, and to finally see what I wanted since I was a child.

The Real Stormtrooper costume!

Post Sections to be added later:

My armors:

My blasters

My projects

My tools.

People who have helped

Vern,

Your knowledge and know-how is an inspiration to us all...I for one know I can come to you with a question and you'll provide me with an accurate, no nonsense style answer that I grew up appreciating...next time I'm up north would love to connect with you...

Vern,

First of all, congratulations on 5000 posts.  Thank you for sharing so much with the community.  Even though I haven't begun my build yet (because I'm still on an extensive wait list) I've been the beneficiary of the collective knowledge and friendly spirit shared so willingly by FISD's many members.

Also, I find it slightly cool that my 100th post is to congratulate you on reaching 5000.

Again, congratulations!!!  Here's to 5000 more!!