My kid as a Jawa

SorenM

My son (7 yo) and I went to CE II, he is a SW geek just like me ( I am certain that it isn't the result of me influencing him, beginning when he was 6 months old)..

We talked about what it would be like and what to expect. I told him that there would be a costume competition, and he immediately wanted to participate as a Jawa.

His mother and I started working on a costume (cheap was paramount...but ended up not that cheap actually).

He finished 3rd in the childrens category.

This is the blaster I made

BjQ2vwF.jpg

mUXlmkU.jpg

This is his costume

mp9L8uE.jpg

Messing with troopers from the French Garrison ( I think it was)

UTrmW7Y.jpg

dLXIMKF.jpg

It always ends up badly...

0cIMWfv.jpg

Edited by SorenM

Nice parenting.

The costume looks great. Overall thanks for sharing :duim:

Thanks so much...we both LOVED that experience...

I am in the process of reworking the costume, so that it will become even more accurate....:-)

Where did you get the ammo belt?

My girlfriend wants to do a jawa costume becase she is only 158cm tall so she could pass as a tall one :P

The belt itself is just a strip made from faux leather (PVC), but if you look closely in the movie an old belt with a square simple buckle will do.:-)

The ammo pouches are authentic k98 pouches ( which I had) they can often be found for around 3-400 SEK, it is roughly what a set of replicas will cost you on ebay. Additionally the Jawas used old Swedish ( funny eh?) k98 equivalent pouches, as well as old british cavalry bandoliers..I bought the bandolier on ebay from India, but it did not arrive in time to be used...but next time:-)... I am tweaking the costume for next time, LEGO land next year:-)

Do you know this page ? http://www.partsofsw.com/ Loads of useful info!....

Edited by SorenM

That is really great wish my kids were more in to star wars

It all comes down to indoctrination ;-), :-D

Edited by SorenM

Hi soren,

I was Vader at the contest and my son was in his TM Jr. suit.

Glad to meet you :D

Hi Derrek:-)

Really good to meet you too:-)

Yeah I figured it was you, when I saw your profile and the DVH kit....:-).. But didn't want to be too "pushy"..:-)... It was a fantastic event.

I will go as support today for the NG, and I have ordered my armour (fully assembled) from Paul....hoping it will be finished early september....:-)...

Excellent pick on TM as we talked about at CEII.

Looking forward to seeing some shots of you in September!

Yeah I understood on what you said, and what everybody else told me, that TM is among, if not the best out there, so that is why I chose him. The fact that Paul really comes across as a great guy, that is just a real bonus.

I am looking forward to posting shots in September.(hoping on three weeks (ish) from now...woohhoo:-).... Feel like a kid the days before Christmas:-)

Edited by SorenM

• 3 weeks later...

Great costume and of course, awesome daddy job, mate :duim:  ...at the current time I make a jawa costume for my daughter too....she is so excited to get this :D

Vielen Dank Daniel :-)..

They do seem to get excited about those costumes....I have been pimping mine, and actually pondering if I should make one that is acceptable into the 501st.

Glück ab, on your build!