Butt Plate Issue....

Hey guys...

So I Cut the Kidney/Butt plate into 2 pieces, My question is I added snaps to 3 spots and it seams to poke out / bulge out how ever you wanna say it from the back about 1/2 inch or so not sure if you can tell from the photo...

Is this an Issue ? and if so how can one correct it and make it look better ? Is the Gap to big for the to Plates ?

The snaps are just attached to Backpack strap material not Elastic, should I switch it out with elastic ?

Thanks for any Ideas

Vince

Well from the looks of it that is just the shape of your body,, the only way to change this would be to have permanently attached butt and back plates, or change your body shape lol.. the former is incorrect/not permitted, and the latter nearly impossible... it won't hinder your ability to be accepted into the 501st though, so I wouldn't worry about it tbh

I had similar issue. I used Velcro strips in between the snap areas. Loop side attached to plastic and hook side I kept the backing in and just connected the kidney to butt. Three total strips solved the issue 98% for me.

Hey Vince.... whatever you use just make them as short as possible. It may be easier for us to judge if you're wearing your undersuit top as well. That way everything lies flat against your body. 

-Eric

I have the same issue with my butt plate. Can't help genetics. :) Once you get the full suit on you can adjust the tightness and location of the belt along with the length of the crotch strap to find the right balance.

Looking at the pic again I see that the belt is too tight and too low.

Try to keep the space between the ab and kidney plate more parallel. If you're going for EIB/Centurion you'll likely need to shim the sides as well. For placement it should rest about 1/2 to 1 inch above the cut.

I know as I had mine the same way. I ended up using nylon strips instead of elastic. That kept the top part from stretching out.