New NE build Tampa Fl

Just sitting here on the couch watching playoff hockey, and can only think of my build lol. (Is that normal??). 2 questions-

1) how does one secure the 2 male snaps to the cod to hold up the canvas belt, and 2) how thick should the drop boxes be. Think I'm gonna get my belt finished next ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Pencap510

The male snaps are drilled and secured right through the cod. As for the drop box thickness, they should be right around 3/8 - 1/2 inch total thickness. And it is normal.....armor trumps all!!

I'm considering gluing snap plates to my ab for holding up the belt. I have seen others do it, it's not Velcro, and it keeps me from damaging my armour if I install anything by mistake.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

That's kind of what I was thinking - I have a snap gun but it wouldn't reach the middle of the cod piece.. Also, I'm not sure about installing a split rivet snap on the cod in fear of damaging the plastic.

Drilling - will post pics in a sec. I got distracted an started removing returns from my shins. I'm so motivated to get to my helmet. I can hardly stand it. - still no boots yet :(<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total disappointment. :( damn cap rivets are to short. Looks like I'll have to make another run to he store. - either way- back to working on shins. HiiLRM9.jpg9u8UxoS.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just made some measurements to my canvas belt- and am going to shorten it up a little to reduce some of the overlap before attaching the canvas belt. Good thing my wore knows how to sew lol! As she's working on that I'm gonna trim up the corners of my belt attachment so it's ready to attach when the belt is ready to go-

Any feedback in fitting so far?

de2jPDp.jpg8jnsKNk.jpgZJQcqJh.jpgT98seBB.jpg

Edited by Pencap510

Off to Joann's. Ran out of snaps for my belt- and need to pick up some additional strapping to keep my ab- closer to the kidney. The seams don't line up <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In what I assumed would be the most simple part of my bud I find myself more frustrated that I've been yet to this point. I can't get the damn pop rivet gun to work correct - the back end of the rivet will not grab the belt. I'm not sure if the rivets I'm using aren't long enough? But either way- I've got to put it away before it all goes out the window tXwBsZI.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks- funny he second 2 worked fine. First one I had to rig- (the hole got to big and I could to get a rivet to stay). I'm gonna cut down, sand and cover the "messy" one- but all in all that shouldn't be an issue- right?? 1ypczav.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a lot of grinding to do to get my little cover plate to fit without having a lift on any of he sides. #paininthebutt. Lol<br /><br />q2CadUZ.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished ! Grinded it down to where the cap fits flush. Now some e6000 and wait. In response that is just at 5-6 mm- I read somewhere that was on. Should it be taken down more?? <br /><br /><br />iqdfyLH.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk