EIB Thigh @ Rear?

is there a limit of how much i could cut/shape at the lower rear of my thighs, please?

i want to cut more than the pic below (cut as much as i can...), but want to make sure this won't be a problem when i apply for my EIB...  oh, and does it matter how it's "shaped" when i cut?

thanks!

Thighatrear_zps2544fc88.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

If you need to cut more than that  to be comfortable then I think you're looking for a solution in the wrong area. It'd be better to work on the overall length of the parts than to cut big gashes from the back.

I just can say how it worked for me.

The back of my thighs looked that way when I was approved EIB:

IMG_8213.jpg

I cut everything away and I can move much better now :duim:

If you need to cut more than that  to be comfortable then I think you're looking for a solution in the wrong area. It'd be better to work on the overall length of the parts than to cut big gashes from the back.

only other option is to buy new set of (some other make's) L/R thighs... 

Used google translator english->german for flange but it did not help :laugh1:

What I did was I cut everything of the curvature away, but no mm more. So the strips end were they are supposed to end.

No armor bites ;)

I originally cut mine the way you have & it passed. Of course that was a while ago.

You can see many troopers on-screen that have hacked-up thighs for running scenes or whatever, so it's accurate.

When I built my sandy, I really wanted to keep the details on the rear of the thighs, so I cut about an inch all the way around the top of the thighs. I was careful to measure all the way around so they'd keep that smooth, pointy shape at the top. With some careful shimming, they came out good & I have great movement.  

Used google translator english->german for flange but it did not help :laugh1:

What I did was I cut everything of the curvature away, but no mm more. So the strips end were they are supposed to end.

No armor bites ;)

lol, sorry, "flange" was probably not the best description of what i meant to say...  doh  haha.

yes, what you said was perfect.  danke!

I originally cut mine the way you have & it passed. Of course that was a while ago.

You can see many troopers on-screen that have hacked-up thighs for running scenes or whatever, so it's accurate.

When I built my sandy, I really wanted to keep the details on the rear of the thighs, so I cut about an inch all the way around the top of the thighs. I was careful to measure all the way around so they'd keep that smooth, pointy shape at the top. With some careful shimming, they came out good & I have great movement.  

thanks!

yeah, i shoulda been EIB a long time ago...  sheesh.  i'm confident that i won't have these "wookie" issues building my next armor.

only other option is to buy new set of (some other make's) L/R thighs...

True - I replaced ATA shins with RT for this reason.