Armor Master - NE ANH Stunt build

Looking good, just take your time on the ears, they are the worst part of the build, take off a little at a time, less is more :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the helmet the left side will have a gap at the top and another gap along the base of the ear. Maybe in the market for pair of ears/ comms shortly.Ā 

Ā 

On a better note, the sniper plate looking good:

IMAG0456_zps731befab.jpg

Ā 

IMAG0457_zpsbcebc464.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Right thigh battery pack trimmed to be rounder.

Ā 

IMAG0458_zps7684e40c.jpg

Nice work so far!!! On that knee pack.........there really should be more material removed from the top and bottom.DSCN0687_zpsd608c85a.jpgI t will make it easier to bend and shape around the base of the thigh

Edited by gazmosis

Nice work so far!!! On that knee pack.........there really should be more material removed from the top and bottom.I t will make it easier to bend and shape around the base of the thigh

Ā 

I took about 5mm off the top and bottom and yes, much easier to fit! thanks again. whew.

Ā 

IMAG0460_zps32fc6244.jpg

Edited by evoxpilot

Looking nice!!!! I had a small heart attack that you mounted the knee pack on the wrong thigh until I saw the swoop at the top :laugh1:Ā  Nice shaping of your belt!!!!!! Those drop boxes are able to move all the way to the end of the belt right? The outer edges of the belt and the boxes should be able to align.

Given my preliminary disaster with the thighs, I made sure all was done correctly (especially with some additional guidance from you and some others). Ā The drop boxes move thankfully. Ā I should really reposition everything again and redit this post to prevent heart attacks! Ā 

Ā 

Per your note, I trimmed on the belt and included the 45 degree angles, closed the boxes in the back and hung them with velcro that is attached with rivets.Ā 

Last step on the belt, assuming this is correct, is attaching some snaps to the back of the belt to attach to the front of the abdomen.

Ā 

Ā 

Looking nice!!!! I had a small heart attack that you mounted the knee pack on the wrong thigh until I saw the swoop at the top :laugh1:Ā  Nice shaping of your belt!!!!!! Those drop boxes are able to move all the way to the end of the belt right? The outer edges of the belt and the boxes should be able to align.

Edited by evoxpilot

You should trim that highlighted material anyway, because it's not supposed to be there. The NE guys are just not trimming their kits properly before sending them out.

Hold on!!!!Ā  You may not need to shim! The ab plate also has a buttload of extra material that the original did not have. After you trim out the kidney along that line, See if it still fits around you. The picture shows how the ab should be trimmed to meet the kidney.IMAG0484_zpse432d2a41_zps7bdf7af0.jpg

Thanks, so just to make sure I did a quick retest fitting of the ab and the kidney plate and I can do the recommended trimming in the pic above with a little additional weight loss it should be well fitted. However does the right side need a trimming as well? Ā It has a 25mm edge on it similar to the above sans the corner cut out illustrated above.

Abdomen and kidney plate measured and cut. The new drill point on the kidney plate are 10mm from where the return edge bends. Is that okay? Seems that 10mm from the edge will land the splt rivet just over the bend.

Ā 

IMAG0492_zps7ce72a44.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Butt plate trim line

Ā 

IMAG0491_zps302264ee.jpg

Ā 

Cod trim line

Ā 

IMAG0490_zps98b34274.jpg

I left 10mm to the edge of the rivet, looked moreĀ better to me. Nice job on the TD for 100% accuracy the clips have a 1/8th gap to the end caps and the dome slotted screws are black ;)