Just got asked by coworker - Armor for new movies?

SmilesLikeJoker

We were just wondering about armor for the new movies.  Anyone have any insight on the matter?

If they are going to have Stormies, and what is Star Wars without them, someone is going to have to mass produce something.  We are in that timeframe where a company should, at a minimum, be identified....at least I think so.  Unfortunately, the 'R' company came to mind since they are licensed.

We're just kinda hoping for some good news on this front if any news has been put out there yet.  Even my coworkers agree that the 'R' company should be avoided....and they based that decision off simple pictures lol.

Are you saying that Rubies would be making the screen-used armor? I'd say no.

They'll make anything they need either in-house or through whichever prop/costume company they hire. Would it be nice to see Legion members in the armor? Sure! But I'm not holding my breath.

Are you saying that Rubies would be making the screen-used armor? I'd say no.

They'll make anything they need either in-house or through whichever prop/costume company they hire. Would it be nice to see Legion members in the armor? Sure! But I'm not holding my breath.

I would find it awesome if there were a few 501'st members in the new movies as well :)  This also may sound a little sad, but it's little funny.  They need to be a little sneaky too lol. Not to spoil the movie, but to capture those tiny details for building any new costumes/weapons AFTER the premiere.  Well....be respectfully sneaky if that makes sense. 

JJ Abrahms is a huge believer in In-Camera and practical effects. He may be able to convince a budget to have hard armor on set. That is my prediction. Also he's a fan boy and would want to see them in real life! :D

JJ Abrahms is a huge believer in In-Camera and practical effects. He may be able to convince a budget to have hard armor on set. That is my prediction. Also he's a fan boy and would want to see them in real life! :D

Just to chime in with my 2 cents, I agree Aaron on this.

Also, I would hope they have learned from the "mistakes" of the prequels, which many believe (myself included) were too reliant on CG.

On a related note, I'm interested on seeing how Stormtrooper armor has "evolved" in the 30 years between ROTJ and Episode VII.  As classic as Stormies are, it's my bet that we will see new designs on the big screen.  Something that continues the lineage from Clonetroopers, to Stormtroopers, to the next generation.

Plus, new armor designs will lead to more costuming opportunities!

Plus, new armor designs will lead to more costuming opportunities!

And more toy sales.

As Tim says, I'm looking forward to seeing how they interpret the evolution of the trooper.