Female boots

So I am running into a slight problem that most of the suggested brands and models of boots are not available in a size that would fit my female feet.

They are all about 2 sizes too large, which is a bit much, especially if I am going to be walking long distances in them.

Another problem is that the same type of ankle boot (chelsea/jodpur) when made for women, usually is accompanied by a significant heel and a pointed toe.

Does any other female troopers have any suggestions for brands I could take a look at?

Jillian,

I feel your pain. Boots for all the costumes are among the hardest to get right, especially for women!

I use the TKBoots. I'm a women's size 9-9.5 US and use a size 8 (men's equivalent). They were a teeny bit too big until I put the gel insoles in them, now they're my favorite boots in terms of comfort. And believe me I have a lot of boots, not just for costumes.

I know TKBoots might be hard to get now, but the smaller sizes might be easier to get hold of if they have overstock on their last batch.

Otherwise you are probably just going to have to do men's Chelsea boots and somehow make them work :( You can, however, take them to a cobbler who might be able to mod them a bit for you. (You could even try that with the boots in your photo.)

Good luck!

Ingrid

You would not believe how hard it is to find a pair of chelsea boots that don't have high heels and pointed toes in women sizes! Most of the male boots don't come in size 6, so just getting a small men's shoe isn't really possible for me.

I did find these boots:

They have the elastic side (even if it is covered in strips of white leather) and a rounded toe.

Would they be acceptable?

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

These boots are UK male size 3, which translates to US female size 5

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 3/14/2013 at 12:17 AM, Firekissed said:

You would not believe how hard it is to find a pair of chelsea boots that don't have high heels and pointed toes in women sizes! Most of the male boots don't come in size 6, so just getting a small men's shoe isn't really possible for me.

Are you looking for 6US male/7.5USwomen/38EU ?

I made my beta ver 2.0 and will go from 36eu to 43eu, the next pic shows in not flat leather, is a test only. In the front will go a velcro section to fix in the calf armor instead the loop.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...

HI there I just purchased mine today they are black and I will have to die them but the brand that I got was Dublin!! Look for Dublin Ladies Daily Jodhpur Boots!! I happen to get super lucky today on my first try and they had only ONE pair in MY size and on sale!!! I felt like I hit the jackpot today and ended up only paying $39 for them!!! If you search for Dublin Ladies Daily Jod Boots on Amazon you will find them for roughly $60 USD...I hope that works!!

• 7 months later...

Hey, if it is any help, I found a pair of boots, Doesn't beat the deal Georgia got above, but it seems to be about the same price if not better than most I am seeing. If you have a Marshall's near you check there. That is where I found mine. I'm still waiting to see if the heel is to high on them or not (I was told by a member at MEPD it was, but I believe they are crazy because it looks the same size as all others), but once I get cleared by a reliable source, I will dye them since they are black. I'd post a link to them, but, after scouring the internet for 30 min or so, there is no sign that these even exist, other than the fact that I saw them and I have a pair. I can post pictures if anybody wants. I found them in the women's section. I'm a guy, but rather small, so my feet were able to fit into a size 9, which was the largest they had, and I think the smallest being a 7..? I know they had 8, but I'm not sure how much smaller. I'm not sure if they have these in all of their stores, or if it's site by site, and how many they have left, since, like I said, I can't find evidence of the exact boot I have anywhere, even after looking up barcodes, etc.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-18951-0-48695900-1397879159_thumb.jpeg

I have the same issue - only it's not size, it's width. I have a ridiculously narrow foot and find mens shoes like flippers. Would these pass inspection?

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 4/19/2014 at 11:44 AM, Shelley said:

----------

I have the same issue - only it's not size, it's width. I have a ridiculously narrow foot and find mens shoes like flippers. Would these pass inspection?

-----------

Well, judging from this pic, unfortunately the heel is too high, and the elastic band is covered with leather. Whether it is showstopper for basic approval I am unsure, but quite confident that they wont be up to EIB or CEN standards......