Questions about Helmets

Hi there-

I'm still new to all of this, so please forgive me if these seem like stupid questions. I've searched for answers but haven't found them, so here I am asking!

First up, a bit of a practical question... I don't have my bucket yet, and I'm sure I will be able to figure this out once I have it. But, while I wait, I'm curious if there are any problems, issues, or concerns I should be thinking about because I wear glasses. Will I be able to keep my glasses on when trooping, or is it better to "go blind"? Just looking for some feedback and stories from my fellow "four eyes".

Secondly, I am on the wait list for a set of ATA armor. This kit comes with a stunt helmet. However, I am more interested in a hero helmet. I just really like the look of the bubble lenses. At first I thought I could just put bubble lenses in the stunt helmet, but I now know that is a "no-no", and that to have a true hero helmet, I'm going to need to do it right. So... where can I find a hero helmet? I have searched and searched and I am not finding an answer to this question. Please help!

Ok, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll have some follow up questions, but for now, I thank you for your feedback.

~Tim

I got two eyes extra my self.

I installed a hard-hat in my helm cos the padding did not work.

It pressed the glases up on the lenses so it wa a pain in the ****.

Did take some time to adjust the hat to right place but when i have it on

it feels goooood :)

I used a helm that is made for use when using a chainsaw.

Keep your glasses on! You can barely see in the helmet anyway, you definitely don't want to limit your vision even further. You'd be stepping on kids all over :lol:

You can assemble your helmet with a low brow, bubble lenses, and the correct 3 bump ears to go Hero. And depending on how you cut the frown you wouldn't have trouble there either.

You'd need to fill the outer teeth on the stunt to make it hero as well. Not just leave them untrimmed. Best one the market is made by TM, if you're looking to buy a proper hero helmet.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I would rather buy a proper Hero helmet, rather then mod a Stunt helmet. I think I'll give the TM helmet a shot!

Anyone one have contact info for TM? I've been searching, and have found other posts with people asking the same thing, but I haven't found the answer? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again~

~Tim

I have a troopermaster hero lid (see sig) and I can say it is completely excellent.

I also wear glasses and can wear them with the hero lid.

I can also wear my glasses with my RS lids.

Never had an ATA so can't say there.

ATA can supply you with the hero ears, they only have three bumps. You can purhcase a hero upgrade kit on the forum and some members on the make bubble lenses, but the hardest part of the hero version would be the outer teeth need to be filled. For a complete hero lid I would go for TM

I have just recieved one of TM's grappling hook boxes and when you sit it next to ATA armor you can tell the difference in the colour but it is slight, the gloss would be the same. I don't think you would get away it if it was a replacement part of the armor but as it is the lid and seperate from the rest of the armor I don't think people would really notice.

• 1 year later...

I have an ATA bucket and love it...not sure if I could fit glasses in it though and I have a relatively small head. When I was in the military we had low profile glasses with an elastic band that held them on to wear under chemical gear...might be an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk